Toaster ovens

I know I’ve seen similar threads but I wanted to know if anyone uses a toaster oven for baking babies. Good? Bad? Other suggestions?

i 've used one almost from the start and i love it . its not to expensive ,stores easily and portable…sage

How well do turkey roasters work?

I use a turkey roaster and it works well. But, it has its drawbacks. Once you get it heated to the right temperature, you lose alot of the heat when removing the lid to place the vinyl parts in. So, what I do, is keep lifting the lid to see when the temperature rises to the correct temperature and then start my baking time. I find myself having to raise the temp higher than it is suppose to be just to get the temp up or otherwise it seems to take forever to get to the right temp. Then it may go too low. So, for me it is frustrating and time consuming. Other than that it does the job but it has its drawbacks so to speak. I am hoping that someone out there has a solution to this because I do like the fact that it holds a whole vinyl kit which is something a toaster oven may not be able do.

Thanks ladies… i’m off to walmart.com ~~

— Begin quote from “lamafer1101”

Hi Ladies, I bayed in Walt-mart a convention oven that for me is the best thing that I have is Hamilton beach counter top convention oven the Item#31197R I paid 90.00 for it, but right now is on special for 70.00 I recommended is the best oven that you can have.Hope that is help to someone. Hugs. Marlen

— End quote

Can you put the whole kit in there safely?

Convection oven is good or a toaster oven that has a bake setting. Don’t use the toaster setting on it. I use one from Wal-Mart and can fit all parts of a newborn and some tiny bit larger kits. If they are much larger I have to do the legs separate from the head and arms.

I have a convection air oven that sits on the counter or table or where ever I decide to set up painting camp…even the deck. I LOVE IT. I paid 49.00 for mine on Daily Stealz and that included shipping. It normally sells for about 99 dollars. Mine came with the extension ring which is mandatory if you are using it for kits. It has two racks and I can do an entire 20 inch kit in it with no issues. The Toddler legs would not fit in it as it is too small in diameter for the length of the legs.

One thing I noticed when I first used it was that with each bake a cloudy oily layer was laid down on the glass sides. I thought it was from the oven itself and being new and breaking it in. But that is not the case. It is from the kits themselves. Each time the vinyl is baked it lays down a layer of oily residue in the oven. After seeing that I will not use my house oven for any more kit baking unless absolutely necessary. I figure that stuff is there on my own oven unless I clean it after every time I use it and that is unrealistic in my life.

I was such a non believer in this toxic non toxic stuff being an issue before I actually SAW it. Now there is no way you could convince me to use the regular oven on a regular basis.

hugs
Joy

— Begin quote from “joy”

I have a convection air oven that sits on the counter or table or where ever I decide to set up painting camp…even the deck. I LOVE IT. I paid 49.00 for mine on Daily Stealz and that included shipping. It normally sells for about 99 dollars. Mine came with the extension ring which is mandatory if you are using it for kits. It has two racks and I can do an entire 20 inch kit in it with no issues. The Toddler legs would not fit in it as it is too small in diameter for the length of the legs.

One thing I noticed when I first used it was that with each bake a cloudy oily layer was laid down on the glass sides. I thought it was from the oven itself and being new and breaking it in. But that is not the case. It is from the kits themselves. Each time the vinyl is baked it lays down a layer of oily residue in the oven. After seeing that I will not use my house oven for any more kit baking unless absolutely necessary. I figure that stuff is there on my own oven unless I clean it after every time I use it and that is unrealistic in my life.

I was such a non believer in this toxic non toxic stuff being an issue before I actually SAW it. Now there is no way you could convince me to use the regular oven on a regular basis.

hugs
Joy

— End quote

Thank you so much Joy for letting us know about this issue!!! I didn’t know that but I always wondered why my oven smells like the kits when I’m not baking one!!! I will definitely be getting one now!!! Thanks again! Hugs, Cynthia=0)