To root or paint?

You ladies give such good advice. Let me see your baby’s hair. Painted or rooted. I need inspiration to choose which path I want to try. Any hair tips are also appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Starla

2 Likes

I would vote rooting. I very rarely like painted hair, and even when it’s done nicely it usually doesn’t look real IMO. I use a 42 forked needle (not a popular choice but I like them.) and only @Rainbowbabies kid mohair which is my favorite by far.

6 Likes

If you’re good at rooting do that. :). I have been using prisma and love them. Just started rooting I don’t care for the process and maintenance for customers. I like no fuss no muss lol.

4 Likes

I generally prefer painting or drawing. They sell as well as rooted and it’s less cost, time and efforts.

1 Like

All of my dolls have painted hair and they sell just fine. I sometimes get sales from people who have allergies or who just don’t want to bother with upkeep. I also prefer painted hair for my personal collection because I don’t want to bother either. :grin:

4 Likes

I have both in my collection but prefer painted if it’s done well. It never get’s messy and does not bother my allergies like mo-hair does.Two of my favorites Miracle with rooted and Amelia with painted

17862399_1391461087577414_8190770235994317850_n%20(2)

5 Likes

I am so envious of you- I love that little Amelia! That is a sold out sculpt right? I want her!!!

2 Likes

I have a Pinterest board of reborn hair patterns. I refer to when painting hair https://pin.it/xserqadpmjcaco

4 Likes

@jeepers thanks I am following your board

2 Likes

I have both in my collection. I prefer using prisma pencils for hair but root on occasion too.
Rooted

prisma

8 Likes

@jeepers thanks for the Pinterest link! Following!

@LisaLynn LOOOOVE your painted/prisma hair! I’ll be looking at these for inspiration when I do mine this weekend…

1 Like

I’m following your board now too. Thanks!! :blush:

It is, Thanks!

1 Like