Therapy doll

It would be great.

1 Like

18-20 inches. 3-3 1/2 pounds. Open eyes. Closed mouth. Bald or painted hair. Dressed in a sleeper and wrapped in a blanket.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Almost all my babies go to nursing homes ( aprox 300 )and I also give workshops on their use ! it is important that the doll is not left with the person 24/7 and they have a place to put the baby down to sleep ! the reason they work so well is they calm a person with dementia because holding the reborn releases Oxytocin the nurturing chemical …people with Dementia go back in time to when they felt whole and in control because the here and now can be very scary when you don’t know what happened five seconds ago (short term memory loss) …there are some considerations around safety too ! they must be weighted to simulate a real baby feel but glass sand , steel shot and pellets should never be used to weight the doll for PWD … they can be very destructive at times and if by any chance a limb or the head came off they could get to the weighting … glass sand etc can be eaten ,inhaled and spilt on the floor (slipping/falls hazard)… the only safe material to weight is sand Sterilised ,autoclaved and sifted and dried out, put into double sealed close weave bags … because the PWD will recognise sand from their past they are less likely to eat or inhale it .( their long term memory stays in tact ). because the sand is not spherical (like glass sand ) it would not be slippery under foot … It has taken 7 years to create a AA safety rating on the dolls for the PWD. I sell my babies through Alzheimers Australia and they had to pass stringent safety guidelines ! Sleeping babies work well because the PWD can cuddle the baby with out any expectation that they have to ‘take care’ of the baby ( just cuddle and relax ) Of course any doll I make for collectors etc contain glass sand etc for weighting !

5 Likes

Very good advise Sue-Ellen! Thank you for all you do for everyone @liveffects :slight_smile: