The thing about reborns that makes me feel so old, aka who does this kit remind you of, aka Celebrity Reborns!

Isn’t it funny how you get to be a certain age and nearly every face reminds you of someone you’ve known? I find this happening alot with reborns, reminding me of real people that used to be in my life.
It happens unexpectedly, too, someone reborns a sculpt just right and I see a resemblance to an old bf in baby form somehow. :no_mouth:
It must not just be me either, it just makes me feel old.
It also makes seeing a beautiful, fresh looking (to me) sculpt all the more exciting when they don’t remind me of anyone at all.
Anyone else relate ?

6 Likes

How funny! I recently got a new one and she reminds me of my dog…in the best way! :joy:
What happens more often, for me anyway, is that a real baby will remind me of a reborn kit! I’ve seen quite a few that I have to take a second look at because they look just like the kit…but real!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have expected ‘dog’ as a response… :smile:but I was playing with the hair on my Bindi, and realized the family dog we had as a kid had very similar hair. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes I see people I know in a lot of babies. They look so alike somethings it couldn’t have been that close if it was sculpted for them. I never thought of it as making me feel old though.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how many times I see a dog and think, “if you were human, you would be the _____ kit. It’s actually a complement.

4 Likes

Lol. This is hilarious.

I totally agree! Lol it is a very high complement.

2 Likes

Yep. I do this all the time with having 27 years worth of students taught.

5 Likes

I have a similar experience with this. I often see people I’ve known or sometimes famous people in a sculpt’s face when I’m working on it.

2 Likes

I’m old, but reborns don’t have a lot to do with me feeling that way! I do see a lot of kits that remind me of people I’ve known or maybe even people I’ve just seen and remember. Sometimes makes me laugh and sometimes makes me crazy trying to figure out just who it resembles, but there are some kits that just hit it for me the minute I see them and then I can’t unsee it!

2 Likes

I mean, on the one hand, it’s great that the reborns bring back memories and resemble real people, I think that’s what makes them so charming… On the other hand, it can make it harder to find a face you really want to live with!

1 Like

I always see celebs.

2 Likes

Me too! Every time I see the Makena kit I think it looks just like Barry Manilow, and then there’s Tomas who turned into baby Trump!

11 Likes

Speaking of them reminding us of people we know or know of…want to know who reborn Kenzie from BB makes me think of?

2 Likes

I’ve been known to match certain features on a kit to family members. I’ve also learned to keep that stuff to myself.:joy: The looks I get!

5 Likes

Yes, of course we want to know. Lol

1 Like

Ready for it?? I am probably the only one who sees it and I crack up when I think about it.

She reminds me of Richard Simmons, the exercise guru of the 70s and 80s. He used to make this face when he was excited about exercise and her face reminds me of that. LOL

6 Likes

That is hilarious! I see Barry Manilow, too!! Now that you mention it. LOL

3 Likes

That’s great! I see it now too. Btw, this sculpt really scares me, it’s the forward lunging pose while seated, like a dog on a chain about to attack!

1 Like

Your very funny and I totally agree Makena looks just like Barry Manilow Now the question for me is this likeness before or after his horrible face lift?:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes