The most horrifying box opening... RANT

So I ordered a tiny silicone troll baby from eBay. User had great reviews, everything checked out. It comes in the mail today. I was happy with how fast it shipped. I open this box up, and am immediately hit with a sickening, dollar store perfume? scent. Like the seller was desperately trying to cover up the smell of smoke, perhaps? As I’m digging out all these strange little hand made doll items(that I wasn’t aware came with the doll)… for example tiny underwear made from men’s underwear(And they looked dingy :nauseated_face:), I notice there’s sort of an oily substance on my hand… Well a few minutes later my hands are on fire… and then my eyes. I have a rash/hives on both hands, extending up my forearms. It’s also on my face. It’s been over an hour, and I’m still on fire. I really need to use the restroom, but the spine tingling fear is real. :rofl: AND THE CONFETTI! I almost forgot to mention the confetti! EVERYWHERE! Everywhere there’s confetti! I feel like I attended a really bad party. The doll is cute, but I just can’t. I kind of feel violated. I know that’s a little extreme to say. I can’t help it… Today is not my day.

1 Like

So so sorry you are dealing with this! What a shame Eww! Oh my goodness!! That is so awful! The dirty used underwear just threw it over the edge!!! Wow

2 Likes

Omg, I’d be freaking out! Id probably throw the whole box away and get right in the shower!! You never know now a days, it could be something put in there with cruel intentions! Scary!! :frowning:

What can I say? I’m a men’s underwear expert. Haha! They were tightie whities…:joy:

1 Like

Oh really? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Trust me. I showered. Yet, I still feel filthy… Good news though! I’m no longer on fire. Just at a nice simmer… I’m hoping to be done cooking in time for dinner! :rofl: You just got to laugh.

3 Likes

Well I asked the seller… No response yet of course. I’m thinking you’re right though. I used to be a massage therapist, and during the course on essential oils I had a similar reaction. Ugh!

That is what i was thinking too I bet it is essential oil of some type. Some of those are really strong.

Oh no! Glad you are better. I agree with @sonyasbubs Trolls are supposed to be dirty, lol! Can we see pretty please! I am working on Barnabe and I want that reaction, not the pain, that you had - dirty Troll…I mean clean clothes but dirty looking. :grin:

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea… I thought she was cute though. I have to go back into my office and get her to give her a bath… But I’m frightened, and can’t seem to find my package of gloves… :unamused:

4 Likes

OMG so so cute! You better find your gloves. Did she come with all of those outfits?

Yep. The only ones I’m going to bother trying to salvage. I like crochet too much to see that go to waste. It was all the weird extra stuff that got me. Clothing made out of used socks and underwear… :nauseated_face: Good gravy!

1 Like

Seller did get back to me. It was “aroma paper” she had purchased off of eBay. I’ve never heard of it before, but I do know I never want to touch it again. She was really sweet and apologized. She’s sending me some more clothes. Oatmeal bath eased the rash/hives anyway. What’s a near death experience every now and again? Now if I could just get the confetti off of my carpet… :joy:

5 Likes

Wait a minute… I don’t know if I want more clothes… :unamused: Haha!

4 Likes

Never heard of it either. Yay, more clothes!

But on the bright side,the baby troll is adorable.Love the middle picture.

2 Likes

Lol!!! :joy:

45 minutes spent handwashing the salvaged items from the box… I think I inhaled confetti as well when I was picking it up off the carpet… cough “Trolled” has taken on a whole new meaning for me… :joy:

5 Likes

Well I wanted to see the tiny dingy underwear!
Bwaa ha ha!

2 Likes

What an awful experience! The baby is cute!