The fantasy dream reborn

I am considering trying a kitten for my granddaughter. I am confused about how you do full body fur when the body is cloth. Anybody know?

1 Like

I used faux fur fabric and just sewed it onto the body. Using the body to cut the faux fur fabric the correct shape.

3 Likes

So you have to match the faux fur to the mohair you use on the limbs and head?

1 Like

Is it possible to root onto cloth?

1 Like

Yes, if the cats abdomen matches then yes. I did one cat that was black and white so that was easy. The second cat was a portrait of my ginger coonie so was a little harder. I also researched for vein placement and skin tone ect as well.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know I didnā€™t try because I thought it would take to much mohair and only charged Ā£220 so it barely covered the supply costs without having to buy lots of extra mohair.

1 Like

This would be a gift for a child. I think Iā€™ll check out the faux fur first (donā€™t try to say that fast) and then match it to mohair.

1 Like

You could always do painted hair on the vinyl and just use a onesie over the body if itā€™s for a child Iā€™m sure they would love it. My friend asked for a dummy as well so I sent the cats with honey bugs :blush:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea. But I really want to WOW this little girl. She loves cats so much. Sheā€™s my granddaughter and her mother is one of those who wonā€™t have animals in the house. So she comes to my house to get her fill. LOL I have 4 cats and a dog.

1 Like

I think black and white would be good. Iā€™m concerned about finding white mohair.

2 Likes

I bought beautiful pure white mohair from Golden Fleece

2 Likes

The white mohair I got was undyed mohair.
Your house sounds like mine, I have 3 cats, a dog and a baby rabbit. The baby rabbit will get a girlfriend once he has been neutered. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Although I appreciate the talent that many have to create alternatives, I am not a fan. Especially when itā€™s a beautiful kit. I catch myself thinking-that poor kitā€¦as if it has feelings.(Iā€™m almost afraid to get on Irresistibleā€™s home page.:japanese_ogre::alien:) :blush: I think they have their place however and being somewhat twisted twisted myself, I understand the fascination.Personally, I love facial expressions and expressive hands. I guess hyper-realistic would be the term. On the other side of the spectrum I was never a fan of cutesy perfect dolls either. Really never into dolls at all. What happened?:thinking:

1 Like

Some years back there was a Dog kit produced by Doll Dreams. It was a Highland Terrier kit and I did win a blank kit at the time, but I ended up passing it on. Highland Terrier Kit Set By Reinhard Woelferthighlandterrierkit

lola-west-highland-terrier-dog-kit_1_02b7636ca775b49d151395aa510f3eb7%20(1)

lola-west-highland-terrier-dog-kit_1_02b7636ca775b49d151395aa510f3eb7

4 Likes

He is beautiful, but you must LOVE rooting !

1 Like

Im with you @catherineweebab I love the expressive babiesā€¦especially with open mouths. I wish I could have gotten Abbie but I started reborning after she was already sold out.

1 Like

How adorable!! I love it.

1 Like

I would love to see a really realistic, chubby toddler in a bigger size - like 2T-3T clothing. Most of the dolls in that size range are pretty dolly-looking to me, or just not at all chubby.

3 Likes

Oh, I second this! Iā€™ve got Aloenka, but sheā€™s so, so skinny!

2 Likes