I don’t know if any of this is new to anyone but I came across an easy technique for milk spots! I tested it on a practice limb and it worked. I poked holes in it with a toothpick, painted straight flesh 08, then wiped clean! I personally love the milk spots so I think I will do this on my next doll!
I also made a different kind of sponge for doing washes. I have separate mottling sponges with bigger holes and always used a flat sponge with the edges torn off for washes. Picking beyond the usual mottling and doing smaller holes gave me a great result! It’s very subtle and if you leave a texture it looks really cool!