Tag sale babies

Look what I got at a tag sale today.
Looks like a pic of the homeless dolls.
The AA, Kingstate, has a cute face but I dont know where to begin on an AA baby havent done one before. It says 64 on the neck does that mean 1964, it is hard as a rock.
There is some ink on the berenguer that I have covered in acne creme hope it works.
The one on the leftis a middleton by Reva and has amazing eyes. The one with reptile eyes must have fallen apart and someone painted the eyes in. Im not sure how to use the sewn on limbs. What is the best way?
Just trying to entertain myself.

what is a tag sale? Is that like a yard sale or a consignment sale? I love finding unloved doll babies at yard sales

a tag sale is a yard sale in Ma.
what do you call a sub? submarine sandwich, hogie or torpedo?
or a coke? a soda or tonic or pop? Its interesting how the names change around the country.

I was hoping someone was going to help me out with these little waifs.
what do I do with sewn on limbs. How to paint an AA baby.
Debi

That first white one on the left there looks like a little Middleton and will make a cute reborn. The next one is a Berenguer Lots to Love and will be a good one to reborn as well. The other two I am not sure about.

I have often rescued homeless babies to reborn, some of these cheapies make great “first reborns” for kids.
As far as the sewn on limbs, you have a couple options, cut the limb off an inch or so above the knee/elbow and turn it into 1/4 limb doll (usually the bend at the joint allows you to secure the fabric with a tie below the crease and it will hold) or if the limbs are long enough, I have used a dremel tool to make a new groove in the limb about 1/4" away from the edge, I always glue as well as the groove will be shallow. Often the sewn on limbs are very dolly looking and not really work keeping so I have often replaced them with purchased limbs if I really like the face. The last option is to leave them intact on the body and just paint them attached to the cloth body.

As far as doing an AA baby, I have not had much luck redoing AA dolls, their coloring is really just too dark and hard to lighten up properly. Good luck, be sure to show us your end result.

we call them Subs here and Northern nurse I love your siggy baby. Oh and Pop here is Coke whether is is sprite, dr. pepper etc…

I was thinking they would make inexpensive reborns for kids with painted hair on their rock hard heads.
The berenguer will be a Christmas gift for my 3yo grandaughter.
The middleton is cute and like new so I just dressed her and added her to the family for now.

We should have a reborn an ugly doll challenge with lots of before and after pics.

Debi

a tag sale is a yard sale in Ma.
what do you call a sub? submarine sandwich, hogie or torpedo?
or a coke? a soda or tonic or pop? Its interesting how the names change around the country.

Yard Sale

Sub

Drink

You guys always make me smile
Debi