Switched 2 UF Paints

Hi lovely ladies,
I recently bought the ultimate fusion starter kit, and some extra bottles of stuff and colors. I was wondering what is the replacement of the genesis thinning medium in uf paint?

1 Like

I just use water.

2 Likes

I use water and anti bead.

1 Like

I highly recommend adding some type of medium in with the water and not using just water. Those paints will fade which is one reason I got away from them. I have had issue with it along with many others who have written me. They even had to reformulate their reds for that reason. The good news is that since they are air dry acrylics you can use any artist grade medium. It does not have to be their expensive brand. I have used Jo Sonjas Flow Medium or Glaze Medium in them with no problems.

2 Likes

If you mean actual thinning medium and not mineral spirits, ultimate fusion has a medium called “thinner”, which is used the same way as GHSP thinning medium. It makes the paint thicker than if just using water. I’m pretty sure it comes in the starter set.

2 Likes

@Emma Yes! Thats what i mean :slight_smile: the thinner wasn’t in the starter set, so ordered a bottle.
So… paint+thinner (uf) + dest.water?
Or only paint + thinner?

1 Like

It’s meant to be used like thinning medium, so if you’re using it for lips or whatever you would normally use thinning medium instead of mineral spirits for. You just use it straight without water, you can add water if you want it thinner, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the medium.

2 Likes