Swap babies

When is the next swap valtines or easter. If it’s in feb. shouldn’t the deadline be the last of dec.

I have no idea. I guess it would depend on what people would like to do and who is willing to take care of it.

Or maybe a Mothers day swap!!

when in feb , easter, or mother’s day. I can send all the swap info. if there’s enough people.

I think, as a group, we need to set up some guidelines. Maybe people would be willing to express some ideas. Jamie, you might want to contact Stephanie to see if she wants to do the next one or perhaps work together in some way. She organized this one and did a great job. Not that you wouldn’t, she just might have some tips and ideas.

I would to receive a give a baby but I am worried, how do we know who can be trusted? I am worried about this. I am not talking about you girls that I talk to all the time in worried like what if a new person that’s been here a month wants to join (there are still good new members I hope you all understand what I mean) and they send you a baby that is not worked on or do something like that. Or maybe here is a thought we can pick our partners-- like say I want girl1 to trade with me. I can post it and she can see who else wants to trade with her and she can pick yes or no and who she wants

— Begin quote from “kathrynpgadomski”

I would to receive a give a baby but I am worried, how do we know who can be trusted? I am worried about this. I am not talking about you girls that I talk to all the time in worried like what if a new person that’s been here a month wants to join (there are still good new members I hope you all understand what I mean) and they send you a baby that is not worked on or do something like that. Or maybe here is a thought we can pick our partners-- like say I want girl1 to trade with me. I can post it and she can see who else wants to trade with her and she can pick yes or no and who she wants

— End quote

I’m not sure if this will work I don’t want people’s feelings to get hurt so let’s make some suggestions please

I agree Kim. I think we need to open a topic for ideas to be tossed out and talked over. I know some gals participate in swaps on other forums that work well too and may have some new ideas. Then whoever puts it together can set up rules and those very important guidelines. We can’t all be in charge and someone has to be able to make decisions but a few things have to change.

I agree on the guidelines. We are all at different stages of reborning…some of us have been doing it for 9 or 10 years…others, a few months. Say for instance, someone sent out a gorgeous baby, spent all kinds of time and effort (not to mention money) on the baby…but got back a less than desirable baby? Not to sound crass or anything, but I truly feel like if someone doesn’t know what they are doing, or truly doesn’t have the reborning skills yet, then they should not involve themselves in something as important as this. Not to say this would happen, but when you sign up for something like this, there is a lot of trust involved on both sides, and it ought to be a give and take effort all the way 'round…it’s not an easy way to get a beautiful reborn for free. Do I make any sense? I thought a long time before deciding to go ahead and do this one; I’ve never done anything like it before and really, really tried my best to make a beautiful baby, one that my person would be proud of.

I’m still waiting on my swap baby, by the way, so I am not basing this on personal experience.

I never join in the swaps for two reasons -#1 I dont collect other peoples art work and #2 I have no way of being assured That I will get a baby at least as good as what I would be sending out -and lets face it THATS NOT FAIR .
I would suggest that if swaps are being run that people who are active members only be allowed to join in (this will prevent alot of scammers) and that each show pics of eaither The baby they wish to swap -when finished or several pics of dolls they have done -that way fair swaps can be matched -Some of the Ladies here are very tallented and some not so much and some are just starting out and just dont have much practice at reborning -anyway it needs to be a fair trade for all who wish to play -JMO

Katie you had a good idea yesterday and so did Tonya.

Tonya’s said, “On Real we do a swap post and if anyone wants do to do a personal swap you send them a kit you want reborned and they send you a kit they want reborned then you set a date to ship!! we all post pictures of babies we have done so people can see our work before they do a swap!! it is a lot of fun!!”

We all agree that this cannot happen again and there has to be some rules.

Agreed cindy

Maybe since there is a wide range I don’t know it does get conplicated

I read this and thought oh my gosh! I read it to my husband to get his reaction and I will not quote what he said. I sure enjoyed seeing those babies and know I need lots of practice and had hoped to participate some day but I will make sure I excuse myself from ever doing this. My grandma always said if you cant say anything nice don’t say anything at all. So

We are not trying to but hurtful or mean just fair to all

Yes, this is not meant to exclude anyone. I think we are trying to figure a way to bring forth those who are serious about reborning. Anyone who has been on here, shown their babies, asked for help, discussed issues, etc, to me is serious. We have many beginners that have shared and I would be happy to trade with. If anyone would like a bit more info regarding this issue, just pm me, I’ll send info your way.

I have been here some 8 months and I am not offended- I in particular am not referring to a specific person and I don’t think the other girls are having any one person in mind. I do think the idea of having a post of your baby in an “up for swaps” section is fun. You would have to put a close up, a full body shot, a back of the head shot, feet and hands shot. That way you know what you are getting and if you like a girl in the forum and would like one of her babies this could give you an opportunity to have one. And if she in return likes your work and the work you have done on the baby you have posted in the “up for swap” section, then there you go! If she doesnt like it, she may respectfully decline.

Myself in particular what I am talking about is if someone slaps one layer of paint on a baby with no hair and eyelashes without even giving a d@mn and says there that’s done- i don’t care what my doll looks like so i am going to send it out and get a beautiful reborn from a woman who has been making them for 15 years and actually cares very much for example. we are trying to find a way to make sure this doesn’t happen-- that’s what I think the girls that have been here longest are talking about. My first baby I sold for $50. Said woman who’s been reborning for 8 years can sell her baby for $350. I don’t think either reborner a or reborner b would see that as fair-- they are trying to make sure reborner b doesnt get my test doll because that wouldnt be fair. you know what i mean?

Yes sounds good to me I think as long as we can see the doll ahead of time we will all be okay! ))) I think that would be good so like you said no one gets burned

First i am sure i will piss some off but trying to find the right words to say is hard. Ok now i have a question please. If i read some of your posts right it has been suggested that we should do a swap from pictures of other reborners dolls posted here so we can see the doll we are swaping for,Right? This is not a good idea. Ok so what happens if pictures of a doll are posted for the swap and nobody swaps with her? Is that not really saying her doll is awful? How about having a swap with 3 different levels
1-beginner
2- moderate how many years for each can be up to an advanced reborner
3- advanced

this way each person is equal to the swap person they get. I know my week spot is rooting. I didnt do the swap cause i feel i am not ready yet. I did not want to disapoint the person i got. I see pictures of your dolls here so i know what is expected . Is this being assulting. No. This means i care. I have no other answer other than dont do a swap. I’m sorry but if i was an advanced person and i got a beginner, well, i am sure you all would know how i would feel. But mostly how would you feel. I know we were all beginners at one time. But is it fair if an advanced reborner gets a beginner? NO! Cher, i can understand why you dont do swaps.

— Begin quote from “Beckie”

I don’t think it’s fair to exclude anyone who wants to participate in a swap just because their work may not be up to par with yours. Lord knows, we all had to start somewhere, and while I realize we are all at different levels in this art form I would hate to think we could discourage someone from pursuing his or her passion just because someone may think their work is better than someone else’s!!

— End quote

Exactly, Beckie!!
My goodness, when have swaps become simply a tit-for-tat trade, witrh the participants only willing to get a baby that in their eyes is a well-done as the one they sent out? A swap is a chance to get a baby made for you and to send one out made by you for a another reborner. You take your chances, and accept the baby you get…and if you are unhappy, you can re-reborn the baby to your liking, There will always be scammers, and updates should be asked for along the way to ensure that everyone will get a baby. But to try and mandate quality to me is very exclusionary. As mentioned, if you want to be sure of the other artist, you can do a person to person private swap. A forum swap is something else entirely, and if I get a baby that is not perfectly done yet done with love, that is just fine with me!
Hugs, Barb

Ok this is getting WAy out of context and its mainly because most dont know the whole story-And thats not for me to tell but what I will say is that the people who are being made to look like the bad guys here are some of the most LOVING ,TENDER HEARTED and WONDERFUL people around (as for me You can form your own oppinion -I truly try !!!) I think that any beginner who gave half a try at doing a reborn -there baby would have been loved and gladly accepted -THIS IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT !!!I have taught about a dozen 10-14 year olds to do a basic reborn doll and all of their babies were Def beginner -but I loved them all and They tried their very best -Thats the difference -Please dont read so much into this it was not ment to turn into the REBORNERS POLICE just to protect those we care about from being used or scammed .that all -nothing more .
I post alot here and am always careful to not step on toes -I dont think I am better than anyone and want to learn for ALL of you no matter what level you are at -If I offended anyone here I truly am sorry -my words were not ment to hurt but prevent hurt -I am sorry
Cher