Still my favorite

So I have four really nice sculpts waiting to be reborn but to be completely honest the realborns from BB are still my favorite because of the realism. Anyone else feel this ?

6 Likes

Yes because they seem to be more proportional with the head and limbs. I’ve seen some kits where the head is way too small for the body and I’ve seen some with T rex arms and all of that just throws it off for me. Maybe I’m just weird I dont know I just like what I like.

2 Likes

I see the dolly look on some of the reborns.

There are only some realborns that I like…and I think alot of the ones with open eyes are just ‘not quite’ right for some reason??

There are lot of sculptors that get amazing realism!!!

4 Likes

I see ones that are done that absolutely awesome .I have the Sue Sue kit, Ruby,Brody, and Miki but are yet to do them . So maybe when I do one it will change my mind. And I agree on the open eyes. Hard to get the realistic look and not a blank stare.

1 Like

Totally agree with that.

2 Likes

Yeah and come to think about it three of my sculpts are open eyes . But the prototypes are beautiful. I love Sue Sue and also she shares the same nickname that my sister in heaven had.

3 Likes

I am sure your Sue Sue will be beautiful!

2 Likes

Hopefully after a yr of reborning I will get my nerve up soon to start on her lol

2 Likes

How many did you reborn till now? Did you keep a track of them? I assume a lot since you are a fast reborner :slight_smile:

1 Like

I worked my butt off during Christmas! It was to much and I ended up really stressed so this year it’s going to be different . I want to keep my hobby enjoyable. I haven’t really sat down and checked. I saw where u had done 20! I think you are fast also. To be honest I have been totally consumed with these precious babies lol it’s all I seem to think about!!!

2 Likes

I know! I am going to sleep thinking about my reborning plans or progress and I am waking up thinking about it :slight_smile: . But I don’t want to be stressed either. This is why I didn’t try that Xmas craziness. I know that that fun for me can be burned by ‘obligation - I must produce’ and I want to keep it fun and enjoyable. Same reason why I don’t want to commit to any custom requests. I did one custom with extremely pleasant customer, but I put so much pressure on myself that it brought me anxiety: will I commit to the dead line? will it come out as I want it to be? will she like it? Not fun at all. My membership on Reborns will expire in a month (I prepaid it) and most likely I’ll not renew it till next Xmas, in case if I’ll have any babies for adoption. I want to keep it fun and reborn whom I want :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine is up also. I totally agree!

1 Like

I guess I’m the opposite, I like BB Kits! But I find that it’s soooo much easier to paint non BB kits for me personally but I always find myself painting BB kits because I I don’t to pay twice the price for others :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, it’s impossible to beat BB prices!

I found myself getting burned out by the realborn BB kits due to all that creasing. So I’m taking a break from them. I am very much enjoying non bb kits right now. So refreshing.

4 Likes

I’d say I’m the opposite. I’m not a fan of very many of the realborns or other bb kits. Most of them look weird to me, they sell absolutely terribly for me and they cost just as much as kits I like better so I don’t buy them unless I absolutely have to for a custom order.

I have several favorite Realborns. But for some reason, I have had the most trouble with getting paint to adhere to the fingers and hands of BB vinyl. I don’t know why. Even though I’m curing the paint correctly. When I go to varnish, it takes paint off the hands and feet of BB kits. I wonder if the factory does something slightly different, like use more oils in the vinyl or something. It’s not every kit, but most kits I’ve had this issue with have been BB kits. I think many of the Realborns are adorable. But I also have my favorite sculpted kits and sculptors, like Cassie Brace, Gudrun Legler, Natali Blick, and Bonnie Brown.

3 Likes

Well that makes me excited to start them
If their easier to paint.

I love and respect the hand of the artist first and foremost but I have a tender spot for those realborns. They don’t have much expression and it is hit or miss with the open eyed babies (that needs a little working out) but you can’t beat the detail, the hands on Laila…perfection, Darrens little mouth…all the right parts in all the right places.

1 Like