Sponge painting hair?

I can’t see my photos when I’m on the forum:-(

You should be able to open the folder the image is in while you’re on the internet.

On the computer i have a little arrow for uploads. Not so on phone. I have an android.

1 Like

Hmmm… I don’t know what to tell you. :confused:

1 Like

Lolololol I just bb to fix it and give us upload buttons on all devices!

For the computer you can just drag and drop like Amy said or you can right click copy the image and paste it. Super easy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh! Like minimize my forum screen and go to photos, and then copy and paste? Ok… I can do that! But an upload button like my phone has is so much more convienent!

2 Likes

I know this post is a year old but I have done some sponge hair since then…

4 Likes

Edited my old post because it had a broken link… :wink:

And here are 2 more from this year

3 Likes

Never tried this,what sponge and colors are you using?It looks sweet on your babies.

1 Like

Thank you, I just use Black GHSP mixed with varnish or thinning medium and pounced on with a sponge. (Same sponge type I use for my varnish texture) Then baked. Normally more than one layer

1 Like

It is lovely and looks great.

1 Like

I’ve done a couple of AA babies this way and it gives a look of tight curls just starting to grow in. I liked it and it was the easiest painted hair I’ve ever done. I shaded the scalp first and then pounced with a darker, more concentrated color and blended it well at the edges.

7 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like

Thanks @jlesser Jenni. It was just a lot of trial and error that managed to finally work pretty well. Can’t imagine how you could do it with any other type hair though.

2 Likes

I think my Ryder (Rina) had it too…
Yep! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you ladies using a plucked wedge to paint the AA hair or some other type of sponge, like a mushroom?

I use a “car wash” sponge. I rip the corners off but no plucking. I may have before, I cant remember but I didnt last time… lol

1 Like

Wow, where do you get a car wash sponge? Can you tell I’m not the one who washes the family car? LOL :joy:

1 Like

But that AA hair is amazing!

1 Like