Sponge painting hair?

I was just looking at my AA baby E book tutorial, there’s a section in there where she talks about sponge painting the hair. She shows a pic of the process but not what it looks like when it’s done. Has anyone used this method or can anyone show me a finished pic of it please? TIA😊

4 Likes

I have not but interested in this topic!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of that, either.

2 Likes

I wonder if a mottling sponge and dark brown paint would look like tiny curls.

2 Likes

I actually did see it on a baby in a google search…I’m going to go look for it and see if I can link a picture here. It was really cute

3 Likes

Yes, please share pics! I am curious! :smile:

2 Likes

Still looking …but if i remember correctly the person said they painted it with one of those dauber sponge things and the paint was thick so it sort of made tiny peaks like when you do skin texturing.

1 Like

Beautiful baby!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s nice!

2 Likes

Ok I’m defeated…I couldn’t find it.

The one @adh_Angela posted is very similar, but looks more realistic than the one I saw. The one I saw was more filled in and you could see the obvious texture. I want to try this :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I think that pic might be it!! Thank you

2 Likes

I always do that on my aa painted babies, but add strands of hair too. I would show you but why cant i upload pics anymore???

1 Like

You don’t have an upload button to right, under the text box?

My upload button disappeared too, when BB made the last changes.

3 Likes

Oh, no!! :anguished:

1 Like

Are you trying to upload from your phones?

I have been. Doesn’t work anymore, but it used to.

1 Like

I use both so I send the pics from my phone to facebook, then save them to my computer then upload to here.

But that wouldnt work if you dont have facebook… I also use an alternative account so I can send it in a message to “myself” so it isn’t all posted to my wall.

1 Like

I did not use sponge but large flat cut brush for this AA baby that I made some years ago

21 Likes

I love that look

1 Like