Someone please...tell me i'm crazy or hallucinating

I saw this listing on ebay, I thought the listing was a little different. Not necessarily bad if you trust the person making your baby. I get the idea, that a “surprise” baby could be fun. However I was really looking at her the babies, looking closely at the painting and detailing and I swear the 6th baby from the left, wearing pink pants, pink and white striped top and white hat, has chimp feet. YES! as in like monkey. Let me tell you If I ordered a “surprise” baby, and that baby had monkey feet, I would be much more than surprised! Read the listing, look at the picture and please tell me if I am just crazy!

1 Like

I don’t think your crazy or hallucinating . I saw it to, I’m hoping this person just didn’t realize what had happened. I know I’d be a little, well lets just say mad. I’m thinking about questioning this person about it, I’d love to here what they have to say, it could be funny.

Well, I had to do it, I messaged this person. Lets just see if I get an answer, i’ll let you know

1 Like

Actually in her defence…That kit is an Emilee by Cindy Musgrove and those are the proper limbs for it. here are a couple a pics of the feet on the proto done by cindy …so as you can see…hmmmmmm. hope the lady doesn’t take offence to your question…heehee

2 Likes

She did get back to me and said, why would she do that. She said she does have a monkey for sale. She also said she gets crazy questions all the time and expects it from e-bay. So, I just let it go, I think I did offend her a bit

1 Like

The feet looked like human baby feet to me. I’m laughing my head off though at the thought of finding a “removable anatomically correct male or female body part” inside the diaper though! Is it just loose in there or stuck in the right or wrong place??? LOL

3 Likes

Those toes on that Musgrove kit are just odd. I noticed them some time ago when I was browsing kits and thought the big toe looked like it could grip tree branches really well. They are beautifully sculpted otherwise.

2 Likes

That made me laugh out loud. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! That is hysterical…

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You actually asked her if she put monkey feet on the baby? :monkey_face:

2 Likes

Yes, I did just ask, there was no other way to do it. What if someone bought it and received monkey feet. I know I would be sooooo disappointed. And to be honest again, she really doesn’t put a whole lot of work into her dolls. I’ve seen new reborners put a whole lot of more effort into it and they look remarkable.

2 Likes

Yeppers, not a lot of paint on those babies and her price actually reflects the amount of work she’s putting in on each of them. BUT you do get a free surprise body part in the diaper!
Her entire ad just hit my funny bone. Not wanting to “over-paint” for realism, cuddly but not heavy (probably means no weighting), and most likely the baby will be bald because “most babies are”, Plus she doesn’t take returns because they are all ooak since she mixes heads and limbs of different kits. Guess they are all entirely human though! It may even be a way for some people to get an inexpensive reborn when they couldn’t afford to do it any other way! This person could be a total crook or a really nice individual with absolutely honest intentions! Hilarious!

wow, this went way off topic ladies. I started this thread, I never meant to offend anyone or cause drama between anyone, I apologize. To me the feet on that baby (especially the foot on the right) looked like some of the monkey dolls feet that I have seen, specifically a monkey I had ordered from ashton drake for my son (the work was terrible so we sent it back) the pictures that Starr posted of this babies feet look much more like human feet, definitely not my favorite sculpt of baby feet but human none the less. Again I apologize if this post caused anyone any offense, it was absolutely not my intention

6 Likes

No worries, you didn’t cause the drama. I guess I did, because I asked the e-bayer about the feet. I saw the same as you. I wanted to know so I asked. I didn’t think anyone here would have an issue with it. I say what I have to say. If I want to know something I ask. Whatever was said today won’t ruin my day in any way, don’t let it ruin yours Shayla. :smile:

2 Likes

Me too, how are you going to know something if you don’t ask :smile:

2 Likes