So who is your go-to kit?

I was thinking that no matter how many times I reborn Shyann or Ember, they always sell…painted hair, rooted hair, bald, boy or girl…they always sell. Just wondering who your tried and true kit is from BB.

Yes, Shyann always sells and so does Sera!

Oh wow I have done so many BB kits… um… Meg is big seller. Gena also would be a go to kit. I love sugar and honey too they sell well for me everytime.
I have done shyann twice… not a fan but yes does sell well.

I would go to Easton, or Gena, and for the bigger babies, I love Ladybug!

I’m still going thru the list of kits! So far, the only duplicate is Caleb and I won’t do him again for a long time. I have a couple of repeats to do but half the fun is making new kits. Oops, I forgot about the Sam twins I need to finish. Do twins count?!!

Oh my gosh…just realized I left Precious Gift out; he’s another one that always sells, lots of detailing in that little one!

1 Like

Wow, I just realized, I’ve never done the same kit twice!! Oh well I did paint an extra Anna head once, for hair practice and sold it by itself. lol

I nearly forgot - one of my all time favorite BB kits is often overlooked, SIENNA. I made her once & fell in love with that sculpt - in fact, she was my first sale - bald at that, she sold before I could put hair on her!

Here is one of my favorite versions of Sienna - http://www.ebay.com/itm/REBORN-BEAUTIFU … 51b0f6acf6

My most requested so far has been Punkin and Kaelin.

— Begin quote from “Ludmila”

The kit I really liked but was very disappointed with was Krista; I have now done 3 and sold them because I was not happy with them. It is disappointing that such expensive kit had problems. Now I have last one which I am going to do up with extra care and hope she will be perfect. The last one cost me $165 so it better be. I thought that for that price their kits are made in Europe or USA, but somehow I have a feeling they are also made in China.

— End quote

What problems did you have with Krista? I did several Cradle kits, and they all painted very well, but the thing I’m disappointed most were the flat limbs. The faces were all gorgeous, but the limbs I hated

I’m planning to reborn a Krista soon, so please let me know what sort of problems you had with her.

I am a huge fan of the Sweet Peas… I agree Shyann is probably the best seller I have had multiple custom orders of Her and Honey… Also Libby seems to be a fan favorite!

— Begin quote from “Friki”

I’m planning to reborn a Krista soon, so please let me know what sort of problems you had with her.

— End quote

— End quote

2 of them developed blisters on top of their head when baked. The blisters were about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch and flattened OK when I pierced them with very fine needle and pressed them down. Obviously there were air bubbles in the vinyl, and as the air in them heated and expanded it made the blister. As it was in the scalp area it was not a great problem; once rooted it was not visible, but I still felt cheated after paying top price for that kit. I also had problems fitting eyes in all 3 of them. None had a nice tight fit. I used half round glass eyes and glued them from behind, but they never sat right. I have bought the Lauchauer hand blown crystal eyes for my Krista; so they better fit.

— End quote

I think you should have contacted their support as soon as you’ve seen the problem - on my first order, I got a Jody with shine on her cheek and four legs (no arms). Contacted them immediately and they’ve sent me a completed new Jody kit with extra pair of arms for free. So they do work hard to fix any problems. But it still doesn’t change the fact that they’re still too expensive for what you actually get. If only those faces weren’t so darn cute

My problem is that I am in Australia; if they would want the faulty bits back it would cost me a small fortune. So I only complain when I cannot work around the problem. Recently I had to post back $50 worth of the Kemper wigs and it cost me $20 to send back. As they will not cover the postage I am half of my money out of pocket.
On Krista I am sure the eye sockets are all the same; I just hope that the Lauchaer eyes will look better.

— End quote

That’s a shame - I had something similar happen with my Tatiana by Reva Schick - there were pinholes in between the fingers! They weren’t visible until the vinyl was heated - I was able to just send the photographs online & a replacement arm was sent to me.

Saved me the return costs, and she was quite expensive too - I believe I paid $109.00 for the vinyl and shipping that brought my total up to about $120 for the purchase so I understand that.

I’m getting ready to start either my 4th or 5th lulu!!! I’ve done either two or three cookie, I think 3 holly, 2 Josie, at least two kenzie. Those are my crowd pleasers, as for personal favorite though, I’m not sure! Every time I get one done it’s my new favorite lol