So many tiny holes šŸ˜«

Sand paper took away some of the shallow holes. Some of them are just so deep that I canā€™t sand them. I donā€™t know why varnish doesnā€™t seal them. After a few layers of paint, they start showing up again. Iā€™ll see if I can get some varnish and flesh 08 pushed down into them. :thinking:

I bought it from a forum member. Itā€™s a Cassie Brace Kit. This kit is probably a few years old. Itā€™s already sold out. I doubt there are any spare parts anywhere. Also, the expensive kits donā€™t do ā€œseconds.ā€ But they do often send parts that BB would sell as test parts. :confused:

4 Likes

Some are so deep they just look like a job for Dr Pimple Popper :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

What a nightmare! I agree with doing a varnish and skin tone. Might have to do a few layers to fill those holes. Iā€™ve used varnish with success, but sometimes had to do a few layers.

2 Likes

I would contact Cassie and see if she has any replacements if you canā€™t get it smooth. I donā€™t think Luxe is that old of a kit that she wouldnā€™t have any. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thank yā€™all! I have sanded as much as I can. Now Iā€™ll try flesh 08 and varnish. Iā€™ll update tomorrow. Hopefully this will work. :blush:

2 Likes

Maybe @jeanhai would know?

My Luxe had so many tiny holes too :confounded: I varnished it and it seemed to help for the most part. Good luck!!

Ugh, I hate when expensive kits have such bad quality. BB vinyl is always such a great quality. Then you decide to spend more on an exclusive kit and get stuck with stuff like this.

4 Likes

If you put a coat of 3-D medium on the areas with holes, it should fill them in. When itā€™s good and dry, sand it smooth with superfine sandpaper. I use air dry paints so I donā€™t know if, or how many times, you can bake the 3-D medium.

2 Likes

MacPhersonā€™s has a new product that is supposed to fix proplems like this. I purchased it but havenā€™t tried it out yet.

https ://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-rescue-products/vinyl-putty-heat-set-detail

2 Likes

I need to get some 3d medium and some putty to have on hand for next time. I donā€™t have time or money for that right now. The whole baby is finished. Just waiting on this arm. So far, sanding seems to have worked. Iā€™ve got two paint layers on and no dots are showing. Next layer will be blue. Thatā€™s the one that has previously showed the holes. Iā€™ll probably avoid putting blue on the trouble spots this time. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s terrible.:frowning: In the past, Iā€™ve buffed my spots with a Magic Eraser and it helps. I remember the Kewy kits being the worst. You could even see the bad areas on the prototypes.

1 Like

Salvaged as best as I can with what I have to work with. So this pretty little girl is about to get listed as a boo boo baby. :confused:

6 Likes

Sheā€™s so sweet and looks really cuddly. I would bring attention to the hand in pics and description, but I wouldnā€™t go too low just because of it.

1 Like

She looks lovely, though. What makes her a boo-boo? Just the fingers?

Sheā€™s beautiful!

Sheā€™s beautiful!! Please donā€™t sell her too low!! Maybe a slight discount and say why and that you priced her as is. I wouldnā€™t call her a boo boo! :hugs:

Iā€™ve actually had more kits with pitting than not and I donā€™t draw attention to it. If I did they would all be boo boos and I wouldnā€™t make any money.

1 Like

The hand is very rough. The paint is awkward in certain spots. I guess I should have waited to read comments before listing her. I put her at $272. But I donā€™t want an unsatisfied customer paying more and being disappointed. :confused:

3 Likes

Awe! :(. Sheā€™s beautiful!

1 Like