So happy and excited

I finally finished rooting my very first reborn!! I purposely did it sparsely for the newborn look. The hair is wet from conditioner in the pix but do you think I should thicken it up just a little? I still have to glue the hair from the inside, trim it and put lashes on her then weight, polyfil and assemble!! Oh and attach magnets for her paci. Then I’ll be rooting my Lainey who has been waiting patiently for me to finish Rose!! I used Delta Dawn Med Brown mohair and noticed in a few areas of Rose’s head that it looks like the mohair bled in some areas. Is that normal? I know some mohairs do that but I thought that the Delta Dawn wasn’t suppose to. I’m so excited to have gotten this far with the rooting. The first week or two I had such a frustrating time trying to root. Then one day things went smoothly and Ta Da no more frustration!! I also switched from the mushroom to the pink pen and from a 40g needle to a 42g about the same time. I still can’t believe I did it!!! I know I couldn’t of done it without the wonderful and very patient ladies in this forum. Thank you so much!!

:blush:

8 Likes

Looks amazing. You must be very proud. I’ve only had the Delta Dawn to slightly bleed once and it was one of the Browns.

I think you should leave it. I just finished rooting ROSIE…now waiting on glue to dry before I trim it up.

1 Like

Excited for you…how great it feels to root a head that you’re happy with…Good job…!!.. :smile:

1 Like

You did a really nice job, especially for your first! Congrats! I would leave it as is, I think it is thick enough. A nice trim and you’ll be able to see how you like it.

1 Like

You did a great first time rooting job. Just leave it as is and do your next doll. You can root the next one a little thicker and see which one you like.

4 Likes

I like it…looks good …congrats on your first hair rooting…Yayyyyy! :smile:

1 Like

Great job on rooting your first ! I’ve done 3 and your first is so much better. I hope with practice Mine will look that good also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! You did great for a first time. My first wasn’t anywhere near that. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Congratulations Jackie, you have done a great job on your first rooting! After a trim up you’ll see how much nicer it can be. I think you should leave it as it is and try rooting a little thicker on your next baby. Then you will be able to see which one you prefer. Rooting is a practice thing!!! You will get more confident with each head. Good Job!! BTW, go easy on the trimming, it’s easier to take off a little more than to put it back on, LOL !!!

2 Likes

Great rooting, especially for your first!! I like sparsely rooted hair and I think the thickness of yours is fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Blissfulbabies…I just glued the hair on the inside…Next I’ll trim it when the glue dries and then lashes…I have no idea how to trim the hair…my concern is after all the hours rooting that I’ll mess up the haircut. I started Lainey with Delta Dawn Golden Honey so at least I won’t have to worry about that one bleeding. Is there any way that I can get the staining from the mohair off the scalp? Its not really too bad and its just in a few areas but it is noticeable. I would love to see a picture of your Rosie with her new haircut!! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much ladies!! I know its not perfect but I honestly expected it to come out much worse. I really don’t mind rooting but I wish it didn’t take so long to root a head. I’m sure that the first baby is always a slow go because of the learning curve. For the first week I did a lot of stressing because I couldn’t seem to get the hang of it then one night it all came together and I was finally able to make some progress. I have a long way to go still to learn to root anywhere near as nice as you ladies do but practice makes perfect. I’ll be happy to be able to root half as well as all of you!! Thank you for all the support and help!! Love you Ladies!!! I could of never done this without you!! :baby:

1 Like

Unfortunately it takes forever to root Jackie. It takes me between 28 — 40 hours, I am really slow. Lots of these women can root much quicker but I haven’t gotten that good yet. I hope to one day. It really is slow huh?

2 Likes

Hi Lynn…I guess you and I are 2 peas in a pod when it comes to rooting. Rose took me about 25 hours total and she is rooted very sparsely! I figure for a thickly rooted head it will probably take me 40 hours!! To be honest I don’t really mind rooting so much but I get so impatient to see the baby finished and dressed. Sadly I’m not a real patient person. :confounded:

2 Likes

Nice work for your first reborn!!

1 Like

Thank you so much Maggiebridget01…