So Frustrating!

I have just been watching a YT clip of a collector that I follow. This person is lovely and she has recently been trying to expose and spread awareness of the scammers.

Her recent finds were some cute pacifier clips from AliExpress that she sort of promoted by mentioning them.

But you only have to type in ‘Doll Kit’ on the AliExpress site and thousands of illegal kits come up…Saskia, Liam, Ping Lau kits and so many others too numerous to list.

Am I being too harsh in suggesting that we do not support this company even for legitimate items (if they even have such things)?

Just makes me so sad to see this.

10 Likes

Holy cannoli! Just a warning to anyone tempted to go on AliExpress and type in “reborn dolls”…beware! That’s not all it will pull up. There are very graphic silicone va jay jays for adult sex toys in the reborn doll section. :scream:
And yes @JackieA. I agree with you. Nobody should be buying anything from that site. :rage:

7 Likes

People are greedy and don’t care. Very very sad.

4 Likes

I heard Ali express is kind of like eBay. Thousands of different seller and suppliers. So the person with the doll kits may not be the person with the paci clips

3 Likes

You are correct. Its a selling platform for many sellers. Its a shame though because im sure new artists might stumble across the fake kits and purchase not knowing they are fake. If people plan to not buy from aliexpress then they ought to stop buying from Amazon too since both are allowing 3rd party sellers to sell knock off kits and babies. I read a lady reported the Amazon listing but got nowhere with it. I will continue to buy from Amazon but it irks me everytime I see a knockoff listing show up in my search for things that are related to baby items or toys.

1 Like

Like others said, Aliexpress is just a sellers platform. There are many companies on there. It’s kind of like Amazon but based in China. Amazon even has the exact same items sometimes.

1 Like

I for one do not want any part of any site based in China that allows the sale of counterfit items.

5 Likes

Aliexpress has a much worse reputation than Amazon. Amazon’s not totally in the clear, at this point no site is… But I’d never buy anything from Aliexpress.

3 Likes

AliExpress is all over Etsy too and it’s illegal. They’re a mess.

3 Likes

I really miss what Etsy used to be a decade ago when it was all handmade items. Then there was vintage stuff too, and that was fun. Those are still what I shop for there.

4 Likes

I have a shop on there but for now I have it closed. It’s a lot of work and the shops that sell items from Alibaba and places like that are making it even harder for those of us following the rules, just like in the reborn community.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. That’s so disheartening. :frowning:

1 Like

Well seems to me if you order from Amazon then ordering from Aliexpress is the same thing. Just don’t order from the companies that sell knock off dolls. I am not trying to start an argument just a discussion.,

2 Likes

Yes sorry - I did not realise that AliExpress worked the same way as Amazon. I don’t shop online much except for the doll suppliers such as BB, Macs and DBS. I used to buy books from Amazon.UK 20 odd years ago. Amazon.AU is a fairly new thing here with less variety and Amazon.com rarely shipped to Australia so I stopped going there.

1 Like

Well, I’ve gotten lots of different things over the years from Amazon. All of which seemed legit qualitywise. However all the ads I’ve seen for Aliexpress shows items that are so cheap I question the athenticy.
That’s not to say that Amazon doesn’t have some knock off products, surely they do.

2 Likes

I’ve bought a few Dolly items from aliexpress and they have nice glass eyes for alternatives for a good price.

Maybe when advertising reborns for sale we should all place large print of our buisness names across the reborn baby photo, so no one can steal our hard work.

1 Like

Believe it or not, people have found ways to remove watermarks on photos.

1 Like