So discouraged

I was vending at a doll show last Saturday. I broke even. That was taking in the fee, and hotel cost. And I only spent 15.00. Some years I make more. But what got me was that two people left in a huff because I wouldn’t sell them my dolls for cheaper. I already marked them down for them but it wasn’t enough. Oh well. I refuse to give them away.

5 Likes

I was contemplating quitting reborning a couple of years ago out of frustration with potential customers. I’ve had 3 people cancel their order while I was in the middle of creating their reborn because they “changed their minds”. I let them cancel because I did not want the hassle and wanted to move on to possibly sell to others. I cannot tell you how it makes me upset when these people want a doll for free or for a few dollars even after you explain the expense and time that you put in these dolls! I was thinking of selling my inventory and just giving up, but I enjoy creating these babies it’s relaxing for me. I do not do this for a living so there is no hurry to sell my creations. I just want customers to understand that it cost to make these babies they are not for free. And relatives are the worst, they feel like just because you are related to them that they should get a doll for free or at a big discount. I am not giving away anymore dolls nor will I sell them way below my asking price, it cost too much to make them.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I didn’t get into this for a real job. I did think they were good enough to be a hobbyist and get supply money back. It boggles my mind how this is the slow season with tax returns and Mother’s Day. With my business it really picks up because of tax return, Mother’s Day, Weddings ect. I can’t do shows anymore, as my knees are trashed. Maybe I will hang in there, if not, I will be selling my supplies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, it sucks. I’ve been reborning for 4 years now and have only ever been able to sell dolls locally for very cheap compared to how much everyone else makes. Basically just enough to get another kit or two.
Sales will pick up a bit eventually, just right now is super slow :slight_smile:

I meant, create the business page for exposure. I am a full time Registered nurse for income. I reborn because I enjoy it and its a wonderful past time and way to eliminate any stress for me. I have only been doing it for a couple of years and started listing on reborns only last year. It is a great feeling to get a sale but it cannot touch supporting my household.

2 Likes

I have mine on a FB page and reborns.com. @Sony72 I have most of them on rebrons.com. Ive reduced I think three, but nothing. I pay 4.99 month and it will add up if they stay esp, at a low price. I think my neighbor wants to buy Lexi. She has painted hair and I’m hoping to get 150 for her.

:roll_eyes::persevere::heart:

I’m getting more favorites…better than nothing I guess.:sweat_smile:

Your babies are beautiful @anon77773884

1 Like

Oh my, no wonder sales are slow, lol

No wonder buyers are always wanting better deals. It’s a buyers market ! But…I don’t think they really understand the difference between a well made doll and an average or below average doll.

3 Likes

I think someone told me that the number is total there, not total for sale. Can’t remember who…

And yes, there are tons of people who do not understand the difference between a well made doll and one where paint was halfway thrown on and it was slapped on a body. Of course we can see it from a mile away, but our eyes are trained to see things that many people can’t. We all start from somewhere and I’m the last one to talk about anyone’s work, but some of the dolls I see selling on reborns proves this to be true.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure those 4000 include ones that have already been sold, not just ones that are currently for adoption.

3 Likes

@anon77773884 and @jeanhai I just went through all the current members and added all of it up and it is the exact number of reborns. 4,219
That includes sold ones. It is just the number of listed (previously and current) reborns that the current paying members have.
So if someone whose account has expired rejoins it would add how many they have ever listed onto that number.

Hope that made sense.

8 Likes

You are very patient !

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is no more than 5-8 dolls being sold each days as I see. It’s not a lot !

1 Like

There is a list of members with the number of reborns they have ever listed on the site next to their name in ( ) :wink: So I just added the numbers on a calculator

5 Likes

Yes but you have to add them one by one !
Good work !:smiley:

1 Like

Now who wants to go through and add the ones for sale? :joy:

1 Like

If I were a buyer, I wouldn’t buy from reborns.com because they are No reviews. What if someone is listing these babies and just changing them to “adopted” and they are scamming?

1 Like

The owner is very hands on.

There is also a twitter account and facebook page

We can change it to adopted but that isn’t scamming someone… that would have something else going on.

When one sells through the site it automatically switches it to adopted. Unless there is a glitch but like I said the owner is on and will answer our member questions/emails pretty fast. He does a lot of behind the scenes things.
He is also the owner of the stuffed animal selling site Bear pile (check it out, it is neat)

5 Likes