Skin tone help

Hi Ladies, im hoping someone can help me with a skin tone color. I usually use flesh #8 for my babies but I wanted to change the skin tone on my next baby to a slightly tanned tone like in this pic. What color should I use?

3 Likes

I use air dry but I think a lot of ladies use umber washes to darken the tone. Or I have already mixed a little umber into my fleshtone.

1 Like

Ok…thank you for responding. I truly appreciate the help

I use Flesh also as a base…but I use washes to warm up the skin tones…sometimes umber, or golden brownish…or salmon…just depending on what I am striving for!

1 Like

Great! Thank you

1 Like

When I did burnt umber washes over my flesh 08 base it warmed up my baby beautifully!

2 Likes

Im gonna give that a try :+1: Thank you

1 Like

Burnt umber is a good one, I also like yellow ochre to warm up a skin tone

3 Likes

Burnt umber for sure.

1 Like

Start with a Flesh 07 wash or two. Then alternate cool and warm color mottle layers. Then wash with raw sienna or yellow ochre, pyrrole red 02, and burnt umber. Use a warm deep blush color like Q.crimson. I get this skin tone almost every time and have to work hard to occasionally avoid it :wink: Here are some of my babies. I did a step-by-step WIP thread for Reese and Grayson.

7 Likes

Oh wow, thank you so much!!

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much

I use primary washes and burnt umber really makes my babies come alive. It also gives my babies that beautiful skin tone your looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use 06 for all my flesh layers.
Darren is still a WIP.

4 Likes

So cute, Thank you so much