Skin texture questions

I was looking at the prototype of the new realborn Alma and I just wonder how all you experts get the skin to look so real!!! Zooming in on her skin there’s all those fine lines and spots that make the skin amazingly lifelike!! How do you all do your baby skin and can I see some pictures??
(not my picture)

2 Likes

I have been told, and have seen others tell people, that it is not possible to tell how a certain skin type or color is made. I can’t vouch for that, but it has come from some very reputable people. Also, this doll you are looking at in this picture was done by Jacky Kramer – one of the world’s best reborn artist. So, it stands to reason she can do all kinds of things that most of us cannot. But, isn’t that a beautiful baby? I wish I could tell you what you want to know, and I wish I could tell myself what you want to know.

2 Likes

She’s amazing, I have to wonder if she painted those tiny lines all over the face one by one!

1 Like

BB has all her DVD’s on sale right now for $5 each, plus one done by Denise Pratt also for $5. They have to be worth that much. :slight_smile: I have all the ones from Jacky, and she has a lot of info in them, but she doesn’t get into that kind of stuff. She goes through reborning a baby, step by step. It is in German, but it has CC. I have enjoyed watching them, and I am hoping some of it is sticking in my brain! LOL

1 Like

Her facial hair is just phenomenal. I use mostly thick medium to get my skin texturing. It takes a long time to cure though

12 Likes

Is the thick medium air dry or heat set?

1 Like

Heat set. I mix it with a bit of paint, Dewy skin and thinning medium and bake about a hundred times :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you. I use air dry.

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like