Should I redo her?

Some of you may remember how I bought my niece a reborn. Well, she lost interest and gave her back today. This doll has been through a lot. She eventually started letting her little sister play with her and she has been thrown down the stairs and more. I kinda want to get her redone. Should I redo her as my first doll I ever reborn or should I pay to get her fixed? How much do you think it would cost?

1 Like

As cheap as these BB kits are I think it is a wast of time and resources to redo. JMO.
I would get a new one and start fresh.

5 Likes

New kit, start over. Stripping is way too much work.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’d strip it…as the others have suggested, buy new and start fresh

1 Like

You could always save her for a future reborn doll once you get more experience.

1 Like

I agree with the others. It’s easier to start with a fresh kit. Save that one for a later date or sell for a small amount to cover the cost of getting the new kit. Some other kid may love her just the way she is.

1 Like

I am thinking about the Velveteen Rabbit. How precious is a well loved doll? This is a well loved baby.

For fun and for a challenge I would totally give her a make over.

Not sure if she is air dry or genesis. If she is Genesis I wouldn’t strip her, just give a good washing up, remove the old hair (pliers, hot soapy water inside head) and start adding color. You can do a quick hair paint and re-root her to cover the old holes. Eyelashes some new eyeballs to keep it exciting, I am guessing another kid in your family is going to beg for her.

2 Likes

If you really want to keep her I would just re-do her yourself.

1 Like

I’d consider her a WIP and take off the eyebrows (use a toothpick) and hair, wash her well and add more layers, mottling, blushing and details.

1 Like

I think she would make a great 1st time practice doll. I think you should give it a go, and have fun with her fixing her up and redoing her!

1 Like

Maybe it’s just my fixer upper mentality, but I enjoy a redoux once in a while.

1 Like