Should I or Shouldn't I?

I need some expert advice. I’ll try to keep this simple. I went flea market shopping today and found this dolly for $5. I’ve been wanting to get just a head to reborn for a cuddle doll for a great niece. Well…I got it home, took off the wig and discovered on the neck Klowns by Kate 1991 and behind the ear #220/5000. Now I’m wondering if I should take this thing apart or not? I only wanted the head in hopes I could strip it and repainted it. I even wondered if I could maybe change out the eyes. What do y’all think I should do?

5 Likes

Here’s a link I found. Porcelain Dolls and Original Porcelain Doll Molds by Artist Ali Hansen

Did a quick ebay check and her dolls are selling anywhere from $20-$100+ so I’d do a little more research before taking her apart. :slight_smile: I think the artist is Kay McKee.

2 Likes

Thanks Izzy…I don’t know why I didn’t think to look it up before I even bought her. I just saw a tag that said $5 :smiley:

1 Like

Hope you can figure out who she is, she’s super cute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found a few of her dolls, including this one. I think this is the Katie doll. I think I would find the value on this one before I stripped it. Katie, Katie Did It, & Kyle, Kay McKee - 19-21 Size, Klowns by Kay

2 Likes

Is she vinyl? Kinda similar to this doll.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinyl-Doll-Klowns-by-Kay-1991-21-Brunette-Blue-Eyed-doll-w-Sunflower-dress-/271995199975

Research for sure! If numbered she’ll be worth something someday if not today!

2 Likes

Turns out she is Katie by Kay McKee. I think I’ll leave her as is. She’s hard vinyl.

3 Likes

Please research your find some more and fill us in on what you find out. How interesting.

I have acquired a couple “Dolls by Rustie” … Beautiful southern bell ladies … That I want to find out more about.

There are some on eBay and I tried emailing the artist from her website but haven’t had any luck finding out any more about them.

1 Like

I will. I think I might go back tomorrow and look some more!!! This booth was slammed packed full of all kinds of dolls!

4 Likes

Good luck on more interesting finds…how exciting…!!..:slight_smile: