Shocking BB kit reborn rip off sold on Etsy

There seems to be an awful lot of reborn ‘artists’ on Etsy offering customs and do not show their own work, preferring to use real artists prototype pics for examples. And you can be sure there is no way they can duplicate or even come close to the real artists’ work. :roll_eyes: Dream on !
Oh and those 2 dolls hurt my eyes…:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Oh my goodness they are horrendous, I sincerely hope the buyer gets a full refund and reports the “artist/scammer” she should not be allowed to get away with this.

Wow!!!

Unbelievable! The worst thing I have seen! Looks like a little kid painted it!

The Windsor and Newton bottle would sprout legs and RUN from that!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Making a doll takes over a day. It’s really supposed to. I understand that everyone has to start somewhere, but good grief. This isn’t even up to a level of selling at any price. She should be practicing and giving them away for free.

I really feel terrible for the poor customer who paid all that money only to open the box and see this looking back at her. It also makes it harder for us as legit artists. I can’t tell you how many customers I’ve had recently that hesitate to buy because of stuff like this. I have to talk to them and sometimes show them extra pictures so they can feel confident that what’s in the photograph is what they will receive.

I can not believe someone could actually sell these let alone for that high of a price.
Did the customer not get any pictures of the dolls before she shipped them ?
My goodness I feel so bad for the person who bought them.

That’s so sad, surly the ‘artist’ could tell her work didn’t even look remotely like whatever prototype she is using to catch peoples eyes. I know people can be self blind to their own work, but that goes beyond self blind.

I would be leery of any “reborn artist” using prototype photos instead of their own work.

At first I thought she must be a child who painted these, even then they were bad! After seeing she is an adult, with a kid of her own, and three years experience… I’m just speechless. I sure hope the buyer gets a full refund and leaves a review warning other buyers.

I will guess that the buyer didn’t know. Only serious collectors and artists know about prototypes, prototype artists, and that some unscrupulous people steal photos of their work to sell their own. Many people don’t even know enough to ask.

Yes, definitely. She needs a full refund ASAP.

@ Angeliquenz Apparently she literally JUST pulled her page off Etsy; I went over there a minute ago and saw her shop — then just now I went back over there to try and report her shop and it’s GONE.

She still shows on mine

That is so sad. She should file a case as not as described with Etsy and also her payment type. However the artist says only the first is not her work and the rest are. So that one could go either way knowing Etsy. I would have cried since you see prototype pictures and then receive that. For the last 9 years on Etsy I have seen many shops use Prototype pictures, some have come and some go. Unless the artist reports them they use them. Which is so very sad. This makes me angry to no end. How can a seller not think this is wrong. If I didn’t know better I would think I would receive the doll that was in the picture.

Are we sure this is a legitimate claim from this person? I’m not disputing that the dolls are horrible. However, the pics posted here don’t look like the ones the seller posted in the ad. The coloring is different, the eyebrows look nothing like the ones she had in her pics, and the seller has veining in her sample work. I suppose the seller is using someone else’s pics for her ad. The buyer really can’t claim that she didn’t realize she wasn’t getting the prototype because the seller states in her description detailings of the pics(prototype pic, blank kit, birth certificate, etc). This buyer knew where to look to purchase the reborns and is also a member of a forum(s)/FB pages. Claiming innocence is a bit hard for me to swallow, but I realize that scamming does happen. I’ve also seen it happen with buyers, too.
I would be surprised if she received a refund since Paypal states they don’t cover customs. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

• Real estate, including residential property.
  • Financial products or investments of any kind.
  • Businesses (when you buy or invest in a business).
  • Vehicles, including, but not limited to, motor vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, aircraft and boats.
  • Significantly Not as Described claims for wholly or partly custom-made items.

Want to add: This isn’t the first time I’ve seen pics that look like that. Not saying that they are the same, but they really do look familiar to me.

@ cajuncuties I doubt the buyer even saw the photos that were examples of her own work, because they are so small compared to the many prototype photos posted…to me, it is still shady, because she is not featuring her own work.

Her own work should be featured not someone else’s. She’s advertising one thing and delivering another. Calculated to deceive, IMO…

They are showing the same size on my laptop. I agree that prototype pics should not be used when selling customs. However, the seller clearly states that her work is shown in the later pics and the first is what the kit could look like. There was no deception at that level.

At best, she could claim that the pics didn’t look like the ones that the seller claimed were her own.
Has anyone spoken to the seller? Does she realize that she is being featured on forums over these pics?

I don’t know.

I had the same thought was it credible and did this person who posted the bad dolls actually buy them from this person or did she want to discredit the work of the person in question .

It wouldn’t be the first time. When a buyer posts things like this, I want to see the original ad and messages between the buyer and the seller. It doesn’t make sense that this buyer wouldn’t have asked for pics before the doll was shipped or even pics of how the seller paints hair. The seller has a right to know that she is being talked about before she receives nasty messages from collectors and artists about how awful of a person she is. The reborn world tends to lean heavily on the buyer’s side, but gets so upset that eBay, Paypal, etc, sides with them if there is an issue.:thinking: