Shirt in nuwave?

Can I use a white tshirt in a nuwave? I am afraid of getting a towel print. And I am going to ask a stupid question but… Why don’t they light on fire in there?

I have a white tshirt in the bottom of my nuwave. No fire yet! It seems to work just fine.

1 Like

I use cloth diapers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The temperature of 265 to 275 is below the flash point of most cottons so it does not ignite.

3 Likes

Thank you! I was always wondering but felt 2 stupid to ask. Where do they sell cotton diapers ?@amyr77

I use a piece of quilt batting that I use when making baby blankets. I used my cover and cut a circle that size. Fits perfect with just a little up the sides. You can buy cloth diapers at Walmart , target most places that carry baby stuff. Do not use the rack just put in bottom of oven.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I will go look today. Is there a oven thermometer that is best? I have 2… And they are 2 big for my nuwave… And show way different temps!

1 Like

This is the one I use. And it is listed on BB but I bought mine at Walmart back Afew years ago http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/inventory/images/taylorthermometer.jpg

Thank you, I will get that today also.

1 Like

Oh I also just sit it in with my parts when baking just make sure nothing is touching. I did my test run by sitting it in the middle of the oven and I did have to adjust my temp dial cause it was a little off.

Ok… And remove the wire rack? And no risk of fire?

Haven’t had one yet and I have been using it that way for along time. “Knock on Wood” now that I have said that! :flushed:

1 Like

Lololll thank you for your help!!!:heart:

I don’t use the rack, either.

1 Like

I use a towel. No towel prints. I have always used a towel. But most of my towels have a burnt smell lol But I don’t use a nuwave but a countertop convention oven.

Nikki, that was NOT a dumb question! None of us wants to set the house on fire.

3 Likes

No Racks either and a dish towel…been doing it for a bit over 5 years now and no fires :smile:
Started out with the regular oven but read that the vinyl leaves a film in there that can affect your health so got rid of the regular oven and bought a new on and got a convection oven (like your Nuwave but different brand and mine is glass instead of plastic too) for my doll making…Works great!

2 Likes