Shirley Temple doll **Updated**

My mother has been passed away for three years now and she just loved Shirley Temple. I have been meaning to make a Shirley Temple doll in honor of her, but I’ve been waiting till I had more practice. I would love to hear any and all suggestions for a good kit to use for this (and hair!). Toddler or large baby with a mature looking face is preferred. Kinda like Riley and Shyann but not Riley and Shyann lol…

1 Like

Kitten!

1 Like

Kitten is really cute! It doesn’t have to be a BB kit either just in case someone has an idea.

I think the Arianna’s by Reva Schick would be perfect!

1 Like

Katie Marie by Ann Timmerman with a ringlet blonde wig!

1 Like

Those are both cute options, but doesn’t Shirley Temple need dimples?

1 Like

Then…Juan by BB? :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of Juan and Shirley. I think this is a good match!

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/juan/unrebornhead.jpg

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/37/3708/43ZAF00Z/posters/poor-little-rich-girl-shirley-temple-1936.jpg

3 Likes

hmmm the dimples!

3 Likes

You beat me to that link Michelle :wink:

2 Likes

Oh wow! I was wondering if you could add them! I was about to try and compile a list of all open eye babies with dimples…But if that was the case, I could choose whichever one looked most like her facial shape.

1 Like

We have got to call on @windec to show us her Shirley Temple!

1 Like

I wonder if you could get those dimple to be smaller. I happen to have an Arianna kit. I’m trying to imagine how Shirley Templish she would look with dimples…

I made dimples with my dremel.

1 Like

The toddler with the teeth! What’s her name? I have to go find out because she really might work.

tiffany by Susan Lippy!

2 Likes

She is cute. I could see her with blue eyes and dimples.

Were they smaller dimples than the pressed in kind? Do you have a photo of that doll? You didn’t have any problem with the vinyl after that? I guess I should practice on a test piece.

I wish Bonnie would come show her Shirley Temple! I misspelled her BB name. It is @windeec