Shipping to Alaska?

Has anyone ever shipped a baby to Alaska? Some guy is wanting to purchase my Holly on Ebay and is telling me that since Alaska is part of the United States it shouldn’t cost any more to ship the baby there than to anywhere else in the USA. Seriously??? Not sure what part of Alaska he’s in, but from a quick glance at UPS rates from Florida to Alaska shipping would be over $100.

Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Just tell him you’ll only charge actual costs for shipping there and stick to it. He’s bound to know it’s expensive and he’s just trying to get you to absorb the costs instead of him. If no one has placed a bid on your item yet you can probably go back in your listing and edit it to charge actual shipping no matter where it’s going. Then he won’t have to think he’s being picked on for living there!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply ~ she already has bids so I can’t make any changes BUT my auctions clearly state that I do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

I have had customers from Puerto Rico and Alaska. I was using USPS to ship. It did not cost much more to ship standard post but took weeks to get there,
Mary

1 Like

That is interesting- I don’t think I have had any packages go to either Alaska or Hawaii in 5 years. Let us know how that goes Karen.

1 Like

This guy could be thinking about the flat rate boxes, but I know that most of my reborns will not fit in them. I have my shipping set up for USPS priority, but if a customer request for a cheaper price on shipping I will change to standard shipping which is cheaper, but the delivery time is longer.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, for responding. I have my auctions set up for UPS delivery, stating that I do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. I don’t think I can change shipping rates right now since there are bids. Something to consider in the future & I think I’m going to charge actual shipping from now on…way too many times I’ve had to eat the extra charge when it costs more than $22 to ship UPS insured, which is what I have my rates set at now. I’ve never had this happen in the 13 years I’ve been on Evilbay.

1 Like

Karen, when the auction is over and you’re sending the invoice through ebay, you can add in alternative shipping options for the buyer to choose.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks! I thought my shipping price was sort of set in stone, so to speak, unless I could change it on the auction.

I’ll tell you, between this guy and the girl who wants me to just send her a baby because she REALLLLY likes it…ugh…the thrills of Evilbay. LOL

1 Like

LOL! I had a girl commenting on my Facebook pics. Things like, “I have to have this baby! How much?” I replied with the price and she said she couldn’t afford it. Never asked for it for free but she keeps making similar comments my other babies.

1 Like

LOL…the crazies are out in full force, for sure!

1 Like

You cannot change the shipping cost quoted once there is a bid; you can add another option on the invoice, I think, but it is up to the buyer which one they choose. People bid taking into consideration the total price of the item with shipping included.

1 Like

Yes, thank you Ludmila

Thank you for clarifying that, Lumila!

1 Like