Shiny Baby Already Rooted Help

I have a little baby I bought a few years ago. He has always been a bit shiny. Not horribly but in certain light the shine on his face really bugs me. He has rooted mohair from Slumberland. I’d like to add a mix of satin and matte varnish to him but I worry about the hair. I know many people bake mohair but my question is do I wet the hair and put a wet cap over it or will this (as some have said) prevent the sealer from curing properly. Thank you guys!

Interested in the answer to this

I would just get an air dry Matte Varnish and use it.I believe I have heard that it can be put on over heat set.

I would do Soft touch varnish with a little corn starch. It air dries.

Or maybe the new varnish from Reborn FX?

Yep. Me too.

This is what I have been using lately. Very pleased with how well it works to cut the shine.

Who sells the soft touch varnish?

This is what I use. I mix it up with a q-tip first, then put it in an empty paint jar. Then add a little cornstarch and mix ti all up. I then use the q-tip to apply it thinly to my sponge, then pounce it on everywhere (other than lips and nails)
When I do GHSP I sometimes varnish with matte/satin mix first then use the soft touch on top of that.

I bought one that said ultra matte as well… but it wasn’t more matte. lol

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deco-Art-Media-Soft-Touch-Varnish-4-Ounce-Multi-Colored/38376931

Thank you,I need to get some.

Do you put the cornstarch in dry or mixed with water?
My last baby I mixed the soft touch with my Liquitex Matte Gel but its not as soft as Id like it to be. I went ahead and ordered the baby FX matting powder but I want to seal a baby today or tomorrow so would rather use the cornstarch mixed in the Soft Touch and a bit of Golden Satin Glazing Liquid.

Dry.
I think the roughness depends more on your sponge you pounce it with. It creates texture.

Thank you :slight_smile: …I did buy some new sponges but they are mainly to create the look of pores so it may be more texturised. I think maybe last time, I might have used too much of the matte gel because it tends to be a bit grainy. The baby was still soft though but not as soft as using the soft touch by itself.