Shaya's foot?

Can anyone tell me if Shaya’s foot is supposed to look like this, or did it get smooshed?

Sorry I can’t help, but her feet looked weird to me from the moment I saw her in the prototype pics, as already stated in some previous threads like here My Shaya is here! .

2 Likes

both of her feet look strange actually…its like she has serious cancles LOL

1 Like

That is what mine look like too. Face is so cute. Feet not so much

1 Like

I found a couple pictures as well so I feel confident that they were just meant to be that way.

Mine looks like that. The whole back of that leg looks squished to me. Her calf is completely flat. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, its weird because she has the little heal down there and it just looks like her ankle fell into her foot.

2 Likes

That’s weird for a new sculpt, those look like old sculpt feet. Sucks cause her face is pretty cute! Not the end of the world though, she can still be made pretty despite the weird feet

2 Likes

Her face is adorable but yeah, definitely old style, her hands are very old school as well.

2 Likes

That sucks. I’m glad I waited to buy her for sure. She’s cute so I’m sure she’ll sell just fine.

2 Likes

Yup, I don’t think that will be a problem…I also don’t really mind the feet and hands, I just wanted to make sure her one foot was supposed to be like that in case I needed to fix it before I painted her. I ended up stripping my Sherry because I went and overpainted her so I started her, Summer Rain, and Shaya since she showed up in the mail today :wink:

2 Likes

Not much detail at all in those hands and feet. But I agree that it won’t be a problem. Mine is coming together nicely. The chubby legs and adorable face make up for the plain hands and feet. Sometimes less is more anyways in those areas. They will look more lifelike when they are finished. :wink:

2 Likes

I wondered about the feet when I started to paint mine as well. Unfortunately mine had a flaw in the upper arm that I did not see until after a few paint layers. So another expensive kit that I discounted as a finished baby.

1 Like

That seriously sucks!
I have a Tobiah kit with a hole in the finger that I didnt notice until I did some blue shading on…I tried to get another one from the store I bought him from but no luck there, then I tried to get ahold of LLE and no luck there. I bought a vinyl repair kit and I tried it several times and baked and it just won’t hold. I have been trying again to get ahold of LLE, I tried sending her a message on FB and Ive sent many requests on her site with my email and phone number and have again gotten no response. I don’t know what else to do. I bought another kit from Mac’s because I’ve had so many requests to do another one.

2 Likes

I don’t know the Shaya sculpt but if I was working with this I’d definitely sub it out for different feet Or I would never be satisfied with the finished baby

1 Like

Who sells Shaya?

1 Like

Showing Shaya so people know what kit it is
(proto pic from listing)

https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-doll-kits/shaya-by-bonnie-sieben-detail?keyword=shay

3 Likes

Thank you! She really is cute in the face! :slight_smile:

1 Like

She has cankles. Cute. But someone forgot the taper between her leg and ankle. Shame. Her face is adorable.

1 Like

Most dolly stores aside from BB are selling her.

1 Like