Share your mottling tips?

Hi Ladies,
I’ve been seeing some awesome mottling and skin tones but I feel like my mottling doesn’t show up well. I use a large porous sponge and very thinned out maroonish color. I gently roll/press the large sponge over an area but it seems when I dab the area with a dry cosmetic wedge to get the excess watery paint off, the color fades in and doesn’t have that splotchy look I’m going for. I don’t want to steal anyone’s secrets, I promise, I just wanted to know if anyone can share some tips? I followed the tutorial posted but I have air dry paints not genesis. maybe that’s why?

Im not familiar with the air dry paints but maybe you are diluting the color to much as they same thing happens to me if I dont have enough paint( using Genesis)…try added a little color at a time and try it on the back of the head Good Luck!

— Begin quote from “kmy4boyz”

Im not familiar with the air dry paints but maybe you are diluting the color to much as they same thing happens to me if I dont have enough paint( using Genesis)…try added a little color at a time and try it on the back of the head Good Luck!

— End quote

I use the air dry also. but i dab my sponge off on a paper towel then it isnt drippy but i dont always go over it with a dry wedge.at liest not on the mottling…

Thanks for the help! I’ll try them out and keep you posted. I’m working on a Vanessa kit and I’m painting the limbs tonight.