Sezzle, anyone?

I was talking to a friend the other day who has an online boutique. I was telling her how my biggest problem is layaways. I don’t mind offering layaway. But I don’t have room to store them all. Anyway, she suggested I try Sezzle. It’s a payment company that allows customer installments, but pays the seller immediately. Therefore the seller can go ahead and ship the product. She said only certain kinds of websites work with it. (Shopify is one.) But I haven’t set up a website yet, so it would be fine for me to pick a compatible one.
Also…I’m flat out tired of dealing with PayPal. I’ve never personally had a problem with them. But I’m tired of hearing about them siding with scam sites when it comes to knock off dolls, and with scamming customers when it comes to real artists. I know I can’t get away from PayPal altogether. But it would be nice to have an alternative. And look at the review comparison of the two. Does anyone have real experience with this company? I really want to know more about it.

2 Likes

Seem great ! My problem is to get people to my website. That’s why I am stuck with PayPal. I would rather work with this one !

1 Like

99% of my sales come through Facebook groups. Sometimes they pay directly through messenger. Sometimes I send them an invoice. Sometimes I direct them to my free Reborns dot com nursery. I figure it would be just as easy to direct them straight to my website, especially if they knew they would be able to make payments.

2 Likes

I have heard of Sezzle but I have personally never used it. I am going to follow this thread so hopefully I can gain some more info on this.

2 Likes

You’re a step ahead of me. I had never heard of it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What happens if the customer receives the doll and stops making payments? Is that Sezzle’s problem?

1 Like

My friend said they automatically take the payments from their bank account or credit card. But that’s one of my questions. What if the customer has regrets and stops payments? I’m wondering how they can have such high ratings. It seems logical to assume a lot of people would do just what you’re saying. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Following

Anybody can post on Trustpilot. I check Trustpilot before I buy stuff, and often see so many obviously fake reports saying how wonderful this company is even when I know they are total scammers using stolen photos to sell bad copies that look nothing like the pics.

Interestingly PP has such bad reputation on Trustpilot; I have never as yet lost a PP case. But I can see many reports on Trustpilot by people who say that they sent item back to china, and never received their money back and blame PP. It happened to me couple of times, but I gave PP all the documentation, an after few weeks contacted PP telling them the tracking shows it arrived back in China, and PP paid my money back, and I also applied for refund of the return postage cost, and always got it.

Following

Following!