Seriously thinking about quitting

I started reborning when I was fourteen because I couldn’t afford to buy one or order a custom, and I figured I would want to micro-manage so much that I was better off doing it all mysefl!

2 Likes

Total sense

Me too! I started reborning because I wanted one and couldn’t afford it… But I WAS artistic…

2 Likes

me too! it is my preferred art form now!

1 Like

I mostly reborn for myself, just some kits that I like. Sometimes I try to sell them afterwards, mostly to make room for new dolls and to get a bit of money back.
I’m currently on a bit of a break myself. I just enjoy the dolls I have.
Reborning should be a fun hobby, if you aren’t enjoying yourself then taking a break is fine. :wink:

4 Likes

I sort of think of it like this. Paint for the joy of it. If one happens to sell, then great. But If i get the gut feel someone is yanking my chain, i back off pretty quickly. I’m not desperate to sell (not to imply that you are). Either they buy or they don’t. but if i have 14 dolls stacked up in my nursery, so be it. someone will come along. but meanwhile, i’ve had a blast painting.

5 Likes

I took a long 7 month break in between two years of off and on due to two leg surgeries. Work has me working 14 or more hours a day so I understand somewhat, your frustration. I agree that maybe step back a little and only paint when you’ve had a breather. Or paint one for yourself and use that to help you get inspired. Best of luck with your decision.

2 Likes

I generally don’t try to sell unless I get way too many babies and need the room which is what happened this year. Starting in September I started selling babies. I sell too cheap because I don’t have the confidence to command a larger price. I have sold approximately 25 babies since the first of September. One woman just bought her 8th getting gifts for her granddaughters and nieces. I have worked very hard and plan to set back after this week and rest from reborning. I had no luck on reborns.com but have been selling on Ebay and I hate selling on Ebay but it has certainly worked for me this Christmas season. I am not sure I will do it again next year at Christmas.

3 Likes

I think you have such a talent for reborning and should take a break instead of quitting.

1 Like