Sculpting again...progress

There is my 5th try on this baby. I think it’s coming along well.
Not sure if I will bake the face before doing the rest ? Still need more work on details and smoothing before tho.

23 Likes

Looking really good!
Im envious of the sculpting…I dont know that I could do it. Guess you dont know until you try though, right? :wink:

1 Like

That looks great!

1 Like

I love this version, even has a beautiful profile, I think this is a keeper. Are you going to use this to make a mould?

2 Likes

Thank you !
@RebornsbyZebra I am very “tactile” (sorry for the french). I love working with my hand and feel . That’s why I love sculpting ! I never wear gloves, I have to touch.

@PutABonnetOnIt I am not sure what I will do with it. Silicone is out of my budget.

2 Likes

Well this baby is silicone worthy!

1 Like

Looks good. Are you using a vinyl head as a sculpting form?

1 Like

@jeanhai I use a styrofoam form. I have done a coat of clay than bake before adding the features. I prefer that than the Secrist plastic sculpting head.

@PutABonnetOnIt Thanks but wait until I try to make the limbs…:cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Maybe you can make cuddle babies as worse case scenario. But I think you will do great :wink:

1 Like

We use tactile in English as well :wink:

1 Like

That little mouth is perfect!

1 Like

So nice! I admire those that can do this.

2 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

There’s something wrong, but can’t pin point it. I need criticism before baking please ! Oh, it’s not smooth and clean yet and I haven’t worked on the back.

2 Likes

I know nothing about sculpting, so the ears may be exactly as they should. However, to me they look rather thick. Having said that I think the face looks fantastic.

1 Like

You are right about the ears. I will work on them !

Can’t get them identical but that’s fine. I am baking now because it keep falling and I am too affraid to smush it on the table…

5 Likes

Jawline

What form are you sculpting over?

This

Working very well !

1 Like