Scratched reborn doll

Was drilling nose and drill made a scratch on Dolls face, does anyone have suggestions about how to fix this are what I can do thank you

Oh no. I am so sorry. I have no idea how to fix it. I am sure someone will hope on here and help more than I can. I know that is the reason I don’t open noses. :slight_smile: I know some people like it though. I sure hope you can fix it up. Looks like you have done a lot of work already on the doll.

Thank you for replying,I started making newborns in January. This one of my most expensive kits. Think I will stop drilling the nose .

It depends on how deep it is. If it’s not too deep you may be able to lightly sand it. You might have to strip it, fix the scratch and repaint it. In the future, if you’re going to open the nose, it’s a good idea to do it before you start painting. I had the same problem when I first opened noses. There’s too much vibration in a drill or Dremel to keep it steady enough for such a small space. So I started using a heated awl to open the nostrils and smoothed them with a round file. I don’t open noses anymore. I just shade them with paint.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying, I am going to shade from now on, the scratch is not deep but can see it. Made me sick. Thankful Bountiful Baby forum and had fast people respond.

1 Like

I open the nose on my dolls but i do not use a drill. I use the bits and turn by hand. Have never had a problem. I do it this way just to avoid this problem. So if you like the open nose you could try it by hand.

4 Likes

You can buy putty on Macphersons site…it’s vinyl coloured and you can paint over it once it’s dry

1 Like

Than you for replying.I bought a hand held drill from Bountiful Baby never used it,I will now. My husband opens them for me .

Thank you for replying, everyone is wonderful on the forum. I will try the putty. This kit is the most expensive one I have bought since I started reborning in January. Not using an electric drill again.

This is the stuff:

I’ve used it, it works great!

2 Likes

I ordered it after seeing your reply . Thank you so much. I was sick over this love reborning and seeing my babies come to be so realistic.

Does this stay soft like vinyl or hard like Sculpey after baking? Is there an air dry version?

I think pretty much like the vinyl

1 Like

@Mommarobin Can it be used to alter ears?

I don’t think so…it’s not thick like sculpy, so it can’t really be moulded

2 Likes

On the rare occasion that I do open a nose, I push a wooden “ bar b q “ scewer into nose opening while hot from the oven, do it towards the end because you need to put it in every bake

1 Like

I bought the putty and it worked great. Thank you so much for repying

2 Likes