Scent Wafers?

Who still uses them? When I used to use them, they were the baby powder ones. I would cut them into 8ths and put one or two in the body of the doll, and then I just started putting them in the diapers only. Now I haven’t used them in at least four years. They would give me a headache is I was around them too much. I’ve heard some artists put some baby powder in the diaper before shipping the baby out. Does anyone use that method?

6 Likes

I have sent them with the doll as an option with instructions, i never put them in doll or diaper just in case it affected someone in some way.

2 Likes

I use a small portion of a wafer and nestle it into the polyfil to decrease the potency. Most of the people I’ve made dolls for mention that they love that it has that new baby smell. A couple haven’t mentioned one way or the other and nobody has said they dislike it.

I wouldn’t personally put baby powder into a diaper as I worry it would come into contact with the limbs and ruin the paint somehow.

1 Like

I. HATE.THEM with flaming passion!
I can’t breath and face itch is indescribable!
I have my favorite artist doing that and had to pass on all of them.
I bough a doll with strawberry waver 3 years ago, which didn’t know about , removed it and I can still smell it!

2 Likes

Was the strawberry wafer fake smelling?

I use the baby powder scented ones. I put one in the diaper only and always put it in right before shipping, that way it’s easy to remove if a customer doesn’t like it. It also makes my box opening smell like baby, without making my painting room stink like it. I don’t personally like them, but my costumers do. I obviously leave them out if a customer says they are sensitive to scents or don’t want it.

1 Like

I Hate them. They make me sick. So I don’t use them

I havent smelled the strawberry ones

3 Likes

The all fake smelling to me .

1 Like

I like them personally. I can see people having allergies and other reactions. I never thought to ask if anyone could not stand the scent or is allergic. I feel bad about it now. My babies were for family members or friends. I should have asked thought out of courtesy.

3 Likes

I use the Dreft Blissfuls. I put the in a stocking in the body. Sort of expensive but it Smells so good.

5 Likes

I like them, baby powder too!

2 Likes

I send a sealed one taped to a diaper, then they can use it or toss it. Half the time I forget them though and I don’t advertise it.

1 Like

I love those for my own babies :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Never heard of those before.

1 Like

This is what I use too. Love the Dreft scent.

3 Likes

They’re like Downy crystals but made by Dreft.

1 Like

I started using them too. I also have the spray.

I’ve never seen the spray. I’ll have to check that out.

1 Like

Agree I hate any artificial smells or flavors, especially in so much of our food. I also get headaches from them.

2 Likes