Scam

A friend just sent me this. Her friend ordered this picture of this baby and look what she got!!(upload://jAjQ9hNvqLGjs7BbR7tvkaTIcTz.jpeg)

Pi

2 Likes

Do you know if she was purchased directly from an artist, or was she from one of the shady sites that have been popping up?

I’m sure it was a shady one

Looks like an illegal April from one of these

1 Like

She ordered two

2 Likes

Thought she was getting the picture

Sadly that is happening to hundreds of people

1 Like

I have another lady wanting to order is there someone I can send her to that is on Facebook maybe.

Chinese knockoffs. I hope she can get her money back. There have been serious issues with this and they are rarely being decided in the buyer’s favor :frowning:

What should we advise be done with these? They are not safe for children or seniors as some of them have been shown coming apart…and lord knows what they are poured in/painted with.

3 Likes

I would trash it personally.

7 Likes

They need to know that most kits average around $100

Getting a complete and rooted reborn for $100 isn’t gonna happen.
It takes weeks to create one. Most artists get underpaid by hundreds on every doll. I wish everyone understood this.
It is like working all month at your job and earning $100 - no one would want to do that.
Reborns.com has a lot of options from actual artists

8 Likes

Hope she paid with PP, she should open a case and point out that they are illegal copies = counterfeit, and the photos are used illegally. She should then get a refund without returning them. It might be bit of a fight, but if you do everything right, use the right words, and if everything else fails call PP, you should win. Our charity shop does really well out of my “significantly not as described” item that I donate after I got refund.

1 Like

Wait, that same lady contacted me about a week ago and sent me that picture… She was asking about buying one of my dolls, but never did.

I have 5 babies for sale right now listed on Facebook at Carol’s Kids Reborn Nursery.

3 Likes

I was wondering what all of the April’s on the website were going to look like. That’s about what I had expected. Sorry for your friend, hopefully people will become aware of it, if it’s too good to be true price it probably is.

1 Like

Oh, amen, to that!!!

3 Likes

Yep!!! Sad and TRUE!

1 Like