Sand/glass bead clarification

Im sure this a very dumb question but can someone please clarification what is meant when reborners say they use glass beads. I had assumed they were using little glass pellets. However, the more I read Im thinking it is a sustance more like the texture of sand. I know that typical playground sand is a “no-no”" but is craft sand like you buy at hobbylobby or a craft store more like what is being called glass beads?

There are different sizes of glass beads some are fine textured like sand,but not sand, and from what I gather the main no no about sand is shipping overseas it is not allowed. I use clean sand in my keeper dolls and the ones I give to family no mishaps so far! I read on one of the forums that fish coated gravel was ok to use too (they mentioned from Petco) but idk for sure

— Begin quote from “kmomteach”

Im sure this a very dumb question but can someone please clarification what is meant when reborners say they use glass beads. I had assumed they were using little glass pellets. However, the more I read Im thinking it is a sustance more like the texture of sand. I know that typical playground sand is a “no-no”" but is craft sand like you buy at hobbylobby or a craft store more like what is being called glass beads?

— End quote

The glass beads are sandblasting beads and are made out of glass… BB sells them and you can also buy them from sandblasting companies… There is a thread on the forum about the sizes to get so that they are not terribly fine… You can always go to the upper right corner and click on “search” and enter whatever you are trying to find out about and it will bring up the posts that contain the words you typed into the box…