Sam wip 2

Ok! I’m going to do it! Lol… As soon as I find my burnt umber!!!

2 Likes

If you think the burnt umber wash is too dark once the thinner flashes off, then you can always use a clean brush of thinner to tone it down before baking. Pounce with a clean wedge to even it out.

1 Like

Thank you!!!’ I am learning so much about how to finish! Invaluable! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Do you suggest I add the bit of lip nail to the burnt umber?

I wouldn’t add the nail tip to it. Just make sure it’s thin.

1 Like

Thin like Kate moss😉

2 Likes

LOL!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Do I apply the final wash everywhere on the doll? Or skip the areas on the face that I wanted light? Obviously, I skip palms, soles etc, right?

I know the feeling.:smiley:

1 Like

Yes, everywhere except palms and soles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been known to add it to the palms and soles as well. Sometimes it just unifies the whole doll. Some of that is up to you to decide after you assess your tones.

3 Likes

I won’t give up today until I dig out the rest of my doll stuff. I can’t wait to try this!!! I have never finished with a burnt umber wash before. I started reborning with a bunch of secrist dolls and they always turned out so dark, I wAs always trying to lighten. I love bb vinyl and will never do a secrist again. :heart:

1 Like

I add burnt umber wash to the entire doll including hands and feet. Washes should be thin almost a watery consistency where as flesh tones should be more of a milky consistency.

2 Likes

Looking really good

The burnt umber made by tones pop! Right is washed with BU

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

Looks great!

Looks Amazing!

Yep! It sure did make them pop! Nice job.

Ok, this is the last Sam wip photo( I swear) until he has more detail. Here is is after I baked the B U. I am in love with this sculpt. He is my favorite I have done so far. I just burn racked Leah’s face, and mangled savannahs eyes. I am afraid to even touch Sammy again. :grin:

4 Likes