Ruby by Cassie Brace - to buy or not to buy?

May I ask your opinions about Ruby by Cassie Brace?
I didn’t care about Rubies that I saw on reborns till I saw this one yesterday
https://www.reborns.com/item/70733/1

I just wanted her to be ‘my baby’ and was ready to buy her, but my husband said that he will buy me a kit and I can reborn her myself.
Before I’ll buy her I just wanted to check with you, experienced guys, that she is not a ‘trouble kid’ like Eloisa, for example.

8 Likes

I think she’s pretty cute. Not my favorite but she’s got a sweet squishy face. I think you could paint her really beautifully

2 Likes

I love her. Every time I see one I’m tempted to buy the kit. I bet you will make a beautiful version!

2 Likes

@YelenaRey I cut Easton’s hair and lightened her eyelids but she is not the one. I am still searching for my Therapy Baby, so frustrating. Sometimes I want to quit reborning because of that, lol. I am hoping to make it to ROSE next year and find my baby. Over the next few months I am painting some favorite kits, my fingers are crossed that one of them will be it.

2 Likes

I am sure YOUR baby will find you!

1 Like

Thanks, I needed to hear that! If I wasn’t so darn picky, lol!

2 Likes

She paints pretty nice!
No issues… big ole head though :joy::joy:

10 Likes

Ive never had problems with Cassie Brace babies. I passed on her until I get home from vacation but shes a cutie. I am surprised that this particular artists prices are so low because her babies are gorgeous and I know they have painted hair but I dont know how she is making enough money, this kit is 109 euro (sorry showing prices in my neck of the woods) and throw in paint and clothes, stuffing (glass beads ect) and and everything else that goes into reborning her price only being 272.50 euro shes really not making anything. Im one to talk, my husband will now be in charge of pricing my babies because he sat down with me with a calculator and showed me that Im hardly even breaking even and certainly not making any money for my time and effort.

5 Likes

I’m still going back and forth on her too! I loved the clay sculpt but didn’t really like how the mouth looked on any of the prototypes. Now, seeing other artist’s versions, I’m liking her again …

2 Likes

I have to say that baby was a steal at $299! Whomever got her got a beautiful baby!

6 Likes

I have the kit and am not loving her but I haven’t started painting yet. So it might change.

2 Likes

Hey Dani, how did you do at the doll show? I’m not sure if I missed it but I would love to hear! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about buying her too. The regular artists are all doing a great job on her and she seems to sell fast. Especially if you’re just wanting a keeper, I think you should go ahead and buy her. But then you might need to get Roux too. He looks like he’s supposed to be her tiny, awake twin. :wink:

2 Likes

Her mouth was the reason why I want her, lol. She looks so naturally relax in her sleep with that droopy mouth that you cannot help but relax with her (vs. Twins opened mouths that always looks to me as ‘I have a cold and cannot breathe normally’ feeling (sorry Twins lovers),
Yes, I didn’t like all reborned Rubies, but that particular one made me fell in love with her.
I hope that I still be in love after painting her :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for you recommendation, Katina. I looked at Roux. Turned out he is not ‘my baby’. I like bigger babies and he looks like he is worried about something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just bought her. She is a 20 inch I believe but feels a bit bigger. She does have that peachy skin but she is soft and has a really pretty face.

I can’t wait to paint her, I won’t be doing it for a while trying to get my pile of realborns painted but I think she will be lovely.

If you like the sculpt just take your time, can’t wait to see what you do.

3 Likes

Macs has her listed at 21". I love that size on Cassie babies. I will eventually get her after I sell some of the ones I’ve finished. She is pretty.

2 Likes

Yes, Donna’s babies are wonderful! She is the one of my favorite RA on Reborns.com ( and she knows that :wink: ).
And all those laces, bows and feathers that she dress her babies in - oh my!
And her price was another reason why I wanted that particular Ruby so badly!
I hope I’ll be able to create mine close to Donna’s version.

3 Likes

???
Some would say? that’s precisely what I said…too low, she should charge more. I also said her babies are gorgeous.