Rooting arghhhhh!

Okay, so I haven’t rooted a doll in a very long time and didn’t like it when I did it 10 years ago but alas, this new baby needs her some hair. In my infinite wisdom I decided to root using dental loupes and holy dinah! What I used to think were one hair when I was micro rooting before I now discovered are like 5 hairs! I used to pick up a small chunk of hair and root, now I pick up about 7 hairs and put them in one at a time. It’s both glorious in the beauty of the finished product and mind numbing torture!!! Lol, I hope I can finish what I started. :flushed::flushed::flushed::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How interesting! Can’t wait to see!

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s awesome yet but it’s better then I’ve done before. I just recommend not using high magnification unless you’re prepared to be okay with seeing EVERYTHING :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m sure future mommies will appreciate the effort

Educate me please on dental looping???

No education needed! Basically very magnified glasses, the kind your dentist may wear. I borrowed a pair from my office as I work in dental just to try and was both pleased and horrified. What looked good to my perfectly good eyes looked like giant plugs with the magnification. Really nice for pulling extra hairs though.

I have a magnifying lamp that attaches to my table ( I have a hospital table) and has an extending arm so I can move it where I want it. I can just look through it as things on my head really mess with my eyesight. I have to root in bed, I have a sheet to put on my bed while I root so I dont have to sleep in goat hair LOL. Because of my spinal damage and my diseases I can not sit up and look down at a head as I root, also my time sitting is limited to a couple hours a day so I use that wisely, mainly to paint :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad you have found a way to do what you love. I am actually rooting in bed right now too. More comfortable than my art studio chair and we KNOW we’re going to be there awhile. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes…and we spend enough time sitting while painting…I should think its more comfortable for everyone.

1 Like