Rooted hair not painted

I wonder when do you think is the appproperte age to give a child a baby with rooted hair? I made one of my grand baby and rooted it. I showed it to my husband this morning and he said she is not old enough. She does not take real good care of them but I am still fixing Ruthie every once in a while. So what age do you think they could have rooted hair?

I have a 9 year old granddaughter that has one with rooted hair and she is very good about caring for it - she is probably an exception and I would agree that 12 would be a reasonable age for rooted hair…

Something new to consider, I’ll never figure all of this out. I know my mom used to get mad when I got the girls dolls with painted hair when they were little (like under 1) but mohair is different than regular doll hair. And doll hair has no tooth to grab onto the needle and is slippery to try to root…my first attempt at rooting, lesson learned! If you did the hair short so it doesn’t matt and thick in case some comes out, would that work? On the angel tree babies, just give them to older girls over 8. You can always re-root your granddaughter’s baby if she ends up with problems!

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

Something new to consider, I’ll never figure all of this out. I know my mom used to get mad when I got the girls dolls with painted hair when they were little (like under 1) but mohair is different than regular doll hair. And doll hair has no tooth to grab onto the needle and is slippery to try to root…my first attempt at rooting, lesson learned! If you did the hair short so it doesn’t matt and thick in case some comes out, would that work? On the angel tree babies, just give them to older girls over 8. You can always re-root your granddaughter’s baby if she ends up with problems!

— End quote

No i did painted hair for the angel tree babies.