Rio arrived

I finally got my Rio kit yesterday from Tiny Tots Nursery. He was shipped in just an envelope and he looks like an elephant sat on his head for the entire trip. lol He’s really cute though, and I can stuff and heat his head to get it back in shape.

3 Likes

Poor Rio :anguished:

I hope you can sort out his head. I’m looking forward to seeing him when he’s all finished, though x

Did she bubble wrap him at all??? That’s a long way to travel in just a satchel… :scream:

Just a plastic bag and one of those really tough plastic mailing envelopes.

oh my! :confused: thankful for flexibility!

1 Like

Oh no! Why would they do that?!

Oh No !!! I just recieved a kit from a member… Same way. The LE COA was destroyed. Is that super important? I hope not! Are you sure he is fixable Jean? I am still waiting for will! He isn’t traceable now that he is in the states.

2 Likes

@nikkiroc if you bought Will from Tinkerbell Creations in the UK, he will be safely packaged in a box. I order from them a lot and my kits are always boxed x

2 Likes

@SilentSleepers I bought him from Petra’s in the Netherlands:-)

Ah, sorry hon, I thought he was from the UK x

I’m sure he’ll be fine though.

1 Like

I guess it would depend on who was collecting him/her. It does let you know it is a Limited Edition and what number you are in the line-up, so I would say it is important. Guess you have to leave it up to the individual who buys it.

2 Likes

I have it… But it’s a wrinkled thing! Not pretty! The whole thing was sent in one of those soft envelopes… Not a box. That’s rough when you spend 100 bucks on a kit!:grimacing:

1 Like

Why would anyone use a mailing envelope, padded or not? smh…

4 Likes

Nikki, can you iron it on a low setting?

4 Likes

Using inappropriate shipping materials is just asking for trouble, and to me is irresponsible. It raises a flag (for me) to avoid doing business with this nursery.

5 Likes

@nikkiroc. We used to iron crumpled paper between two layers of waxed paper on a low setting to take the wrinkles out. I don’t know if this will work for you.

2 Likes

Make sure you put a piece of paper underneath and on top so the wax doesn’t get on your iron or ironing board.

3 Likes

I’m going to try the iron! It’s pretty creased though! Sellers!!! Use a box! It’s worth a couple bucks extra shipping!

5 Likes

Over here in OZ it is pretty common practice for kits to come in plastic satchels so they would not see it as a major issue…also they do it to keep postage cost down for international shipping…I think it isn’t a great way to ship overseas at all but you probably would have to be willing to pay the higher postage for the boxes…I send dolls to the USA that weight about 5 pounds in a box and it cost about $120 with $500 insurance cover so it is very expensive to ship international in boxes…Probably would be good to request a box though if you order kit from over here…I personally wouldn’t send one in a satchel but…well anyway…

2 Likes

You are right about paper underneath and on top, I forgot about that. :see_no_evil: