Reva Schick's New Arianna

What do you think of Reva’s new release? I can’t believe she’s 28" long!! Can you imagine how HUGE her head would be to root if she’s bigger than Ariella??

http://www.dolldreams.net/cart/index.ph … 1fbf86aca0

I think she is stunning and there will be some beauties out here. We have so many talented ladies.

wow, I gotta get one of these. I love big babies Now I just need dolly dollar’s

That is a lovely baby but buying vinyl that melts, under what SHOULD be allowable temperatures, or getting “minor defects” which are ACTUALLY MAJOR defects leaves me looking elsewhere for a kit…Sorry DD…once burned twice shy.
C. Ann

— Begin quote from “C. Ann”

That is a lovely baby but buying vinyl that melts, under what SHOULD be allowable temperatures, or getting “minor defects” which are ACTUALLY MAJOR defects leaves me looking elsewhere for a kit…Sorry DD…once burned twice shy.
C. Ann

— End quote

This is stated right on their site…Please note: " We recommend our LDC paint. This paint is created specially for vinyl dolls."

So, technically they are not intending for you to bake their kit, although most people do including myself.

Well, firstly, I HAVE forgiven Linda for keeping the postage (both ways) on the return of the NICKY doll kit with a major flaw. NICKY is the kit that this post is about. I just will put my money into kits from other companies. Again, once burned…twice shy. Or is that…once melted…twice shy?

Next, I recall several posts about her doll kits regularly melting in the oven. I notice that many of you “ladies” light into whomever you please when it is your dolly dollars at stake and welcome being given the “skinny” on who or what to avoid.

Many of us use GHSP and need to know who or what to avoid because we DO bake.

Finally, I am not here to joust but rather I prefer to go into my studio and pounce on…pounce off, mop, bake, repeat, bake, repeat, and then spend 12 hours putting hairs in one-by-one til my precious baby is completed and ready to cuddle in my arms.
C. Ann

Finally, I am not here to joust but rather I prefer to go into my studio and pounce on…pounce off, mop, bake, repeat, bake, repeat, and then spend 12 hours putting hairs in one-by-one til my precious baby is completed and ready to cuddle in my arms.
C. Ann

What are you talking about? DD’s melting dolls…lots of faults…the Nicky kit…or that I addressed some of you as “ladies”?

Are not some of you ladies? Are not some of you “scammers”…are not some of you “blocked bidders”?

Are not some of us “GHSP bakers”? I"ll take a rest from this posting.

I am going into my studio for the night as I have 4 dolls to complete before I can shoot photos for my website. I am so sorry that you are so sensitive. God Bless and keep you all.
C. Ann

C. Ann,
Either you don’t understand the implications of your using quotations, or you do and are just being rude. I am not quite sure why since nobody has been rude to you.

WOW - didn’t realize what a sensitive subject DD vinyl is! I will definitely note that for future reference! I will say that I’m a newbie and haven’t tried the DD vinyl yet but I am a fan of Reva Schick. Are Reva’s babies sold on any other site besides DD??

Kristen - I would love to see your pictures - please post!!

C.Ann - I think some people were a little miffed by your use of “ladies”. I do not know anyone on this post who has questionable ethics. PLUS - if you wanted to make that kind of comment, couldn’t you just tell the person you’re referring to instead of including ALL of us? Your comment was offensive to the other posters of this topic. I do not think that was your intention but you have to see that this post was only about the SCULPT - not the company selling it - and definitely not a forum to bash other artists.

I’m not even sure what she’s talking about. She kind of went way off subject with the “ladies” comment and her “studio” to “complete” her “dolls” to do the “photo shoot” for her “website”"."

I haven’t had a problem with DD vinyl melting.

I love the sculpt and it would be great to have a 12 month old baby in the nursery, and I was fully planning on buying her. Now I am not so sure. I also use GHSP and I can’t afford to have that much money burning away in my oven.

Can one really not bake these kits? Where else will I be able to get such a kit if not DD? I really want one…

— Begin quote from “Maricia”

I love the sculpt and it would be great to have a 12 month old baby in the nursery, and I was fully planning on buying her. Now I am not so sure. I also use GHSP and I can’t afford to have that much money burning away in my oven.

Can one really not bake these kits? Where else will I be able to get such a kit if not DD? I really want one…

— End quote

As far as I know you can bake them, or at least I will say that I has exclusively used Genesis on all my DD kits and never had a problem…although the DD vinyl must be tasty because I chipmunk ate my Rebecca kit!!!
Just make sure you use an oven thermometer to insure your oven temp is accurate!

Wonderful, thank you. Now I will go nag my hubby for some dolly money…

You guys are fighting over nothing is there a full moon or something?

I saw one reborn at Tiny Treasures. She’s huge (and so is her head) but she is cute!

I think she’s adorable. I wish she had staighter legs though for more standing poses. I want a toddler doll so bad but I have to get better at the babies before I commit to something that size and price.

Well I must have missed something there…??? I have also never had a problem with DD vinyl. I am not crazy about the color either but I know my Ophelia was baked and stripped MANY times and rerooted and never had a problem!

Heaven Sent -

Do you have any pictures of the one you saw at Tiny Treasures? I would love to see her being held in someone’s arms - I need the full effect!!

I like DD vinyl also and have not had any problems with defects or melting. I think the new Arianna is very cute, but to me it looks like the top of the head is way to big! Like there is so much head above the eyes! Anyone else think that or is it just me?? For those who saw her in person, does it look too big on top?? I want to order her, but just am not sure about that head shape!! Nancy