Repainting dollies

I am currently working on seven babies. I am kinda getting a little baby burn out. When I do I switch gears and do something else for a little bit until I feel like getting back to it.

Last year I attempted repainting Monster high dolls. I did one and gave up. The problem is that I bought a huge lot on Ebay, and still have them and all the supplies I hoarded because hoarding art supplies is my weakness.

I am thinking about going for it again.

Thinking about filming it for my You Tube channel. It should be good for a little laugh.

It is so funny that I am still painting vinyl just itty bitty vinyl, yet it so much harder for some reason.

Those tiny little heads should take 10 minutes to root!

I am really looking forward to making some crazy costumes.

Anyone else here do this, thought of doing it, tried but gave up?

Tips?

11 Likes

There is a lady here who does repaints… let me go find her name :slight_smile:
@Cyn

Here is her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/azucenacustom/

7 Likes

I have only repainted my own. Nothing like this. I think it is so cool. Can’t wait to watch your channel.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some youtubers that do this. One of my favorites to watch is poppen atelier. (Spelling may be slightly different)

I would love to watch you repaint/customize fashion dolls. Let us know if you end up doing it.

2 Likes

Hi I repaint dolls about 3 years now, if you need to Know something or I can help just DMme :hugs::heart: my doll repaint account is @azucenacustom

4 Likes

Thank you so much @jlesser​:hugs::heart:

4 Likes

I have bought some dolls of this kind, not Monter High (my nieces just gave a lot to my daughter) but the ones popular before, I can’t remember the name.
**Edit : Bratz !

I have not painted them except for one for Halloween, a siren. It was fun but really hard to get the details. I am not good for little things. I haven’t reroot her, her hair was very nice.

7 Likes

Why did I know you would know? Thank you

2 Likes

Just checked you out. Awesome work, I am sure mine will not be as well done but sometimes you just have to play and have fun.

3 Likes

@jlesser has an amazing mind!

4 Likes

Sometimes… other times I tell the kids “Dad’s outside vacuuming the yard” :wink:
And other things that dont make any sense.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I don’t know why that is so funny, probably cause I say things like that too!

5 Likes

Of course, I started on that just for fun, and since everything is just a matter of practice, so if you need to know something and I can help you, here I am, do not hesitate to ask me, the same thing happens to me as you but with the reborns so i haven’t painted another one from my skya maybe because it’s much more expensive and i don’t want to ruin it

3 Likes

This idea excites me! Your so creative I can only imagine you will knock it outa he park with some kind of fantasy creation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

You are so welcome :hugs::heart:

I can’t wait to see what you do with this new hobby, I love your reborns!
I’ve wanted to try repainting different types of dolls, I just never have found the time.
A friend of mine asked if I could repaint some American girl dolls, I told her I’d have to do some research, but I’m not comfortable ruining someone’s doll, lol. So I’m going to tell her I can’t at the moment. I’m planning on buying some cheap used 18 inch type dolls to practice on. Like I said though, if I can find the time .

1 Like