Remove glue from eyes?

Is there any way to remove glue from the eye surface?

I used a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and rubbed it gently. It seems to have worked. I also got a little glue on my dolls forehead and the alcohol worked for that as well.

Sorry to “revive” this thread but rubbing alcohol just doesn’t do the trick for me…

I used Aleene’s Paper Glaze to glue the lashes on and the eyes got smudged and “blury” from the glue. The alcohol removed most of it, but there’s no shine on the eyes anymore!

I’m “this close” to using acetone, but I’m afraid to mess up the painting around the eyes and get myself an even bigger problem!

I don’t know if this will help, but I did use the alcohol to remove glue and at first, the eyes were very cloudy! I thought I had ruined them, but I continued to rub an alcohol dampeded Q-Tip over them and eventually the cloudiness left and the eye was shiny again. I think the cloudiness was just dissolved glue. The only thing is I don’t know what was used to glue the lashes on my baby, as I did not reborn her.

Thought, perhaps this would help you.

Of course it helps!

I’ll just keep on rubbing!

Over the years I’ve used citronella oil that you use to refill tiki torches and it does work. You’ll have to rub real good after the glue is removed to get the eyes clear again. Oh what would we do without q tips, hope this helps.

— Begin quote from ____

Sorry to “revive” this thread but rubbing alcohol just doesn’t do the trick for me…

I used Aleene’s Paper Glaze to glue the lashes on and the eyes got smudged and “blury” from the glue. The alcohol removed most of it, but there’s no shine on the eyes anymore!

I’m “this close” to using acetone, but I’m afraid to mess up the painting around the eyes and get myself an even bigger problem!

— End quote

I had the same problem and kept trying to put more Glaze to no prevaile, it just made my eyes look hazed over. What I did is remove the eyes and with a q-tip and soft cloth used good ole Grumbacher Turpentine. It worked just GREAT for me!