Regarding "0" Feedback on Ebay

I have a doll posted for auction Monday night on Ebay and specified that if a person has “0” feedback to please contact me before bidding and talk to me as I have had nonpaying buyers with “0” before and I would cancel their bid if they didn’t. Right now, I have a bid from a “gindusa19” who has been an Ebay member for 10 months and has 0 feedback. I have not been contacted by this person and am wondering what I should do as I have not had much experience. It is kind of funny for someone who is a member for so long to have 0 feedback. I would appreciate your incite from those of you more experienced in this matter.

My NPBs had lots of wonderful FB. As long as you have blocks in place to block people with non verified accounts & non-payment strikes you should be OK. There is nothing weird about having an account for a while and no FB; not everybody gets carried away spending. She may have opened account to bid on one particular item and did not win. She may have not tried again until now.

Personally, I would just leave it, cross my fingers and hope it will be OK. There can be lots of reasons why she did not contact you. She might be an old lady who is not very good with computers and missed the message; after people look at 10 or more descriptions they forget that some have had specific requirements.

If she wins and does not pay, and there is an underbidder, contact them and ask if they want you to send them 2nd chance offer once the NPB case is closed. If there is nobody else bidding then it does not really matter; open and close the case as soon as possible and re-list.

It is perfectly fine to email her and ask if she is a serious bidder. Explain that there are children bidding out there and since she has no feedback to check you want to make certain that she is not one of them. Most bidders are very understanding,
Mary

Sorry I didn’t get back sooner, but our internet carrier was down for a while. Thank you all so much for the insights. They were all very helpful. I’m not sure how to post a link to my auction, but I can tell you that one doll is on auction listed as Meg by Marissa May reborn as adorable little boy relisted due to nonpayer. Auction is Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. and the other is Brea reborn as precious biracial baby girl on auction Monday night at 8:00 p.m. I was trying to figure out how to post a picture on this message board, but not sure how to do it. I’m not really that good with computers.

— Begin quote from “otterbaby2”

Sorry I didn’t get back sooner, but our internet carrier was down for a while. Thank you all so much for the insights. They were all very helpful. I’m not sure how to post a link to my auction, but I can tell you that one doll is on auction listed as Meg by Marissa May reborn as adorable little boy relisted due to nonpayer. Auction is Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. and the other is Brea reborn as precious biracial baby girl on auction Monday night at 8:00 p.m. I was trying to figure out how to post a picture on this message board, but not sure how to do it. I’m not really that good with computers.

— End quote

When you are in your auction on ebay, go to the very top address field (where is says http://www.ebay.com etc etc) and right click with your mouse. A list of actions will open. Mouse down to ‘copy’ and left click with your mouse. Then come in here and right click within your post. Mouse down the list again and left click on paste, and voila, we will have the link. Can’t wait to see your babies!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meg-by-Marissa- … 3cde4b3e1e
I hope this worked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brea-reborn-as- … 3cde5bb712I welcome any critiques as I learn from all suggestions.

Your babies are gorgeous <3
Your bidder is not bidding on anything else; people who bid madly on number of items are usually those who do not pay . If she does not pay, it would be disapointing, but you do not lose anything. What is the difference; baby does not sell or baby is not paid for, in both cases you have to re-list. OK, if you get non payer the baby has to wait few days before you can re-list.

I wish I had a bid on one of my babies.

There is number of reasons why people do not communicate - believe it or not there are people who either do not own a computer (had somebody else set an account & bid for them), or they do not know how to use them. I have friends in their 70s and 80s who only recently got computer, learned how to do whatever they wanted it for, but have no idea about checking their emails or they may not set it such a way that their eBay messages come to their inbox, and are blissfully unaware of having messages.

I cannot see why would anybody ditch a sale just because they have a “bad feeling”. It is not like you are expected to send the item before you get paid.

Your little ones are totally adorable! Just wanted to say that I recently received a bid on one of my babies from a person with 2 feedback who had not left any feedback for anyone and opened her account in June of 2012. I was pretty nervous, and was on the verge of cancelling her bid, but ultimately decided to let the chips fall where they may. And as it turned out, she paid immediately, loved the baby and left feedback within 3 days of receiving her package. You never know what’s going to happen.

Thank you Ludmila, you have much wisdom. I would be one of those little old ladies that are not quite sure how to use the computer, so it makes sense. LOL I’m a retired geriatric nurse.
Also thank you and CaliMel for your kind feedback.

Thank you too, dothehokeypokey.

Thanks for posting the link to her auction. I’m watching and cheering her on!

As far as 0 feedback buyers, well, I’ve had my share of good and bad. Evilbay’s a crap shoot any way you look at it and it seems to gt worse as time goes on. Just last week I sold a baby to someone who joined just to buy my baby. I wasn’t home at the time so I couldn’t contact her or cancel her bid or anything. Got home, the baby had sold, buyer had paid and yesterday sent a lovely note letting me know her baby arrived and how much she loves her. You just never know. Another time, I had a lady contact me BEGGING to let her bid, even though she had 0 feedback…okey dokey…she won, never paid, never heard from her; had to open a case against her and relist.

Like someone so sweetly reminded me once right here on this board – we all had to start somewhere. I get it. I don’t like it, but I get it. Buyers with tons of feedback can buy and not pay, too. I feel very fortunate to have only dealt with a handful of nutcases in the 12 years I’ve been selling babies on Evilbay. Knock wood.

BOL with your auction; hope it goes great for you!

— Begin quote from “CaliMel”

In this case it would be the 0 FB + new account + no communication + the bad feeling (which would be pretty much based on all of these put together).

— End quote

10 months old is not a “new” account; not new in the sense that somebody set it up just to mess up your auction.

One of my nastiest non payers I had was the one who I had heaps of communication from before the sale; she talked me into reducing the doll to bellow cost (yes, I know - STUPID!!!), bought then did not pay, I went through the dispute; and then she got really aggressive and nasty when I re-listed the baby at above its original price. She insisted that the doll is hers, I have to sell it at the reduced price, then she tried to bid anyway and found out she was blocked from bidding; that was when she really got nasty and I reported her to eBay. The scary thing was she lived only some 20km from here…

The good that came out of all this was that the baby sold very quickly after I relisted her at the higher price

The way to protect yourself against scammers is to block bidders who do not have their accounts verified. That is those sort of scammers who just want cheaper baby, and will try to get refund. The real big scammers hijack dormant accounts with heaps of good FB, and pay with stolen CCs, they are those that are real hassle, and PP will take your money and it will take 3 months before your PP protection gets approved. But as long as you have all the paperwork to proove delivery of the item to PP supplied address, in the end it is OK.

Why would anybody think that if a person sends you message “yes, i will pay” it means that they really will pay?
I had one of those too. I noticed that the person who bid is in fact registered in UK; i sent her polite message saying that actually the baby was listed as selling to Australia only, however I would be happy to send it to her to UK as long as she understands that the postage will be about $100. And if she does not wish to proceed with the sale I will be happy to remove her bid. She sent me reply saying that she is in Australia, and she does not need lectures. Then she did not pay, nor did she pay for the other 4 dolls she “bought” the same week.

Thank you everyone for your kind support. I did root all the hair on both babies, but am learning how to root sparser from what I have been reading from all of you posting in this forum, and it is very helpful. Also with all the suggestions I have received from you all, I am learning how to price my dolls better. CaliMel, I admire your painted hair. Do you use prismacolor pencils, or paint to do it?

Meg was relisted from an auction I had up two weeks ago with a non paying buyer. So that is probably where you saw him before.

rosescradles, The picture of your baby on this forum is stunning.