Redo or resell?

What are you thoughts on reborning dolls like these ?

1 Like

Resell. I wouldn’t try to reborn them.

4 Likes

It’s depend of their value as collectable dolls I think. Some of them may sell better “tel quel”.

1 Like

That’s just it I don’t know? I have about 25. Some have markings on the backs of them. If anyone has any information or is interested in any of them! Please feel free to message me. Thanks

Have you look on ebay for those who have number ?
Have you any idea of their origin ? You may have some treasures on hand and don’t even know !

3 Likes

I’m thinking along these lines myself… research and see what they are worth. They may be collectables.

1 Like

I’d say resell. They’re cute dolls, but probably too dolly to make a decent reborn.

1 Like

I absolutely would not Reborn those. They do not look realistic and who knows if they can be baked to seal the paints. And then for hair, forget it.

2 Likes

I am 54 and back then this was a baby :baby:. LOl Sometimes it’s like reliving a simpler time . They are coming up about 10 to 15 $ a peace and the market is saturated with them. So I thought how much fun would it be to bring back a doll from the 50’s and 60’s. Some are in really good condition. You could use either the new air dry paints Or GHSP would work just like in the old days. Either way my kids are giving me grandchildren to make things for. Lol But I don’t think I will have that many.
Thanks for your help :+1:

3 Likes

These are not what I have but photos of what they looked like new. Sorry for any inconvenience.

some of these look like horsemen dolls but i would resell the value for these are that they are vintage! My recommendation is look on the back of the heads for markings then google them look at e-bays sold listings for a price estimate

if you need help just ask ill see what i can do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would resell, also. they sure are cute!!!

1 Like

There is no way I would bake any of the old dolls. You need to do research, google those that have stamps. But unless they are in mint condition in the box, they are unlikely to fetch much.

1 Like

It might be fun to reborn one just to see how it goes, but I wouldn’t bake them. There are places that assess the value of vintage and antique dolls. Check for auction houses near you. If they’re not valuable I’d sell them.

1 Like

I would love to see some reborn!
I love those old babies.

1 Like