Reconstructing vinyl parts, help needed!

Hi!

So I had my first major accident. My Puddin’s arm and leg have melted. On the arm the little finger melted completely and I had to “amputate” it, and on the leg, the big toe got squished. Since I currently don’t have dolly dollars, I’m not going to buy new parts, but am thinking of complete reconstruction of the two fingers.

So, I have Super Sculpey, and have made the new fingers look okay now. The one on the leg is already baked, the one on the hand is still unbaked. But the biggest question is - how to make them “stick”? The vinyl is rubbery, the Sculpey is hard once cured. What glue to use when the doll is finished? How many times can they be cured without turning black? And how to achieve that the two materials blend without breaking?

I know some of you have been “altering” dolls ears to make baby fairies. How do you do it?

Thanks for reading, any help or suggestion will be appreciated!

Do you think I could reconstruct the whole finger with it or just use it as glue to attach Sculpey parts with it? I have liquid fimo, I guess it’s the similar thing.

Thanks!

Thank you so much, I will definitelly try that!!! Oh, now there’s hope to save the poor thing

That is what I saw on a tutorial for elf ears—using the ligquid sculpey. I would think the liquid one that you have will work. I hope you have taken before and after photos. Maybe sculpting is in your future!! I’d like to see what you have accomplished. I will give hope to others who have “accidents” with their babies.

— Begin quote from “UnknownFemale”

I’m not an expert on it, i have only played with it a little bit on my test head to try to sculpt elf ears. I created the ear with sculpty then put the liquid sculpty on the vinyl and blended the ear point onto the ear. all of this was done before i baked. then i baked it several times, cooling between bakes until it felt hard. it adhered to the vinyl nice.

— End quote

thanks for the tip!

and yes Friki I would like to see and yes keep working it until its perfect im sure it is coming out nice

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

That is what I saw on a tutorial for elf ears—using the ligquid sculpey. I would think the liquid one that you have will work. I hope you have taken before and after photos. Maybe sculpting is in your future!! I’d like to see what you have accomplished. I will give hope to others who have “accidents” with their babies.

— End quote

Actually, I do love sculpting (LOL, I’m playing with fimo for 15 years), only my dollies are still at a beginner’s level. This is the best I’ve managed to make and I’m still not happy with it:

Explore Friki Gulinovic

I’ll post pics of the new fingers tomorrow! Too bad, I didn’t take a photo of the little finger before its amputation. But trust me on this, it looked awful

I love that little yawn! So sweet!

I really like your mini baby I think that is adorable!!!