Reborns.com changes

After all the time and angst of the changes on reborns.com does anybody notice much of a difference except for one word titles and less exposure if you have multiple dolls listed?

2 Likes

I’m interested to know as well, as I have a doll to list once this is over.

I have several.

Nope. It is basically just like it was before he put us through all the stress with crazy changes that he didn’t keep.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, the backlash was substantial so the site did return to pretty much the way it was. It does look a little cleaner and there are a couple of new features. I wish, of all things, that the color scheme would change to something more babyish. The colors do not say ‘baby’ at all and are not even the most attractive combination.

7 Likes

The one thing that I wish would be changed is the one baby per nursery per day. He sees that as fair, but if someone has 10 babies listed, each one only gets seen once every 10 days. I really don’t like that. Why should someone with 1 baby get more exposure than someone who has 10 (unless they pay extra to ‘boost’ it), which is how I see it. Each nursery gets equal exposure, but not the babies. I agree that lighter colors might be more appealing but the color of the site doesn’t really matter (to me). My babies sold well in the past in spite of the color.

5 Likes

I agree. I don’t find that fair at all.

2 Likes

The colors are ugly that is for sure. I haven’t listed in a while … is he still working on it?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Nothing’s changed for awhile.

1 Like

I am surprised that despite of all what is going on with economy right now, reborns sales are still going strong. I counted 19 babies sold in last 24h.

7 Likes

Wow!!! Really???

1 Like

Yes, I was looking yesterday and was surprised as well. I guess you could always put it somewhere for a few weeks, to make sure there are no germs left :woman_shrugging:t3: Maybe that’s what they’re all doing.

2 Likes

Hey!!! How ya feeling? Any better? @bookluvur

1 Like

I was not implying about the virus, even that will be a decision factor if I would be a buyer. I meant that so many people out of work. May be people decided to spend stimulus money that they didn’t receive yet. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes, after more pain meds, another nap and some caffeine, I’m actually attempting some late night painting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Good!!! But take it easy!!! :kiss:

2 Likes

Yes😄 I thought of that after I commented. Although, we live in a fairly rural area, and most people I know are either essential workers or self employed, so didn’t think of that at first.

1 Like

Well I had to think about that @YelenaRey and have come to conclusion that having a baby to hold while going through this stress must be an essential thing, (my Levi helps me.) So come the first of May, if all goes well, I will list a few kits for sale at affordable prices. Here not on reborns. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

A lot of people are saving a ton of money by being forced to stay home, so they may be spending some of that on a new baby to take their minds off of everything that’s going on. I know for us, I did not realize just how much money we spent eating out and on entertainment for the kids that wasn’t in the house. Also read an interesting article about why luxury buying persists in times of crisis. It’s basically about being able to exert some control through purchasing power.

4 Likes

I think you’re on to something there. I sold two dolls this week, and both are going to first time reborn buyers. Something in the air. Maybe also more free time to browse and get sucked in by pictures?

3 Likes