Reborn Shop Name

I’m thinking about selling some of my dolls on Etsy? But cannot come up with a name. For those of you who do this professionally…how did you come up with your business name???

Feel free to include links to your shop, I’d love to see your work:-)

3 Likes

Mine is ‘Put A Bonnet On It’ I Haden Etsy shop for 5 years selling newborn photography props, so I just transferred my name over when I switched over to reborning.

A name I love and I would choose if I didn’t have one already would Be ‘Peek a Boo Reborns’

4 Likes

I love that!!! Your dolls are beautiful and love the photos!

2 Likes

Thank you! Have fun! Look forward to seeing all your babies :heart:

3 Likes

I have a connective tissue disease and people with this disease refer to themselves as Zebra’s. I named my nursery Reborns by Zebra and I include info about my disease for awareness as it is often overlooked and misdiagnosed…sometimes people suffer their entire lives and never receive a diagnosis.
Anyway, Im sure you will come up with something that has your personal stamp on it :wink:

9 Likes

I love that you found a way to spread awareness while doing your art!!!

2 Likes

I call my dolls Zelda Ripley Baby. When I signed up for my first social media account I chose Zelda because I was reading a biography on Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald at the time and Ripley for both Ellen (Alien) and Robert (Ripley’s Believe it or Not). And added Baby when I put the dolls on Insta.

3 Likes

I added my last name in mine - The Lesser’s Lovely Little Reborns

Remember to check multiple places once you think of a name so you dont use one already taken/used.

6 Likes

I live on a Ridgetop. People in the area say, " oh up on the Ridge! " Or “oh you live on the Ridgetop!”
There is another online store called. ’ Ridgetop Creations’ but they sell furniture😀

4 Likes

My MIL used to called my oldest son her “little peanut”. She passed when he was 3 yrs old. When I bought my first reborn (a replica of my oldest son), the artist sent a little shirt that said little peanut. I thought that was a sign :slight_smile:

So, my nursery is Little Peanuts Reborn Nursery

9 Likes

Peachtree St. is one of Atlanta’s major thoroughfares and Georgia is the peach state, Peachtree Nursery it is. I did toy with Peanut Patch as many deep south Georgians grow or work in the peanut industry (my grandparents included), but it never sit right with me.

6 Likes

I change my name recently for LeabelleNurserie. Lea is the second name of my daughter and also the name of my grandmother. Belle is the last part of my name.
I have an Etsy shop with not a lot of babies and a brand new website. LeabelleNurserie.com

5 Likes

I just started a website. Got my domain but don’t know who I should use to host. So new at this!

1 Like

How do you publish your website?

1 Like

I’m under the name Fighting Chance Dolls.
I chose the name in honor of my nephew Caden. The name Caden means little fighter. His middle name was Chance.
He died of a birth defect after only 32 hours of life.
I chose my shop name in honor of him and to bring awareness to his birth defect.

8 Likes

Make sure when you come up with a name that you check to see if anyone has that name already cause if you wind up with the same name as someone else it will cause all kinds of problems. Good luck, coming up with a name that hasn’t been used already is quite a chore.

4 Likes

It took me months to think of a name that I loved! I ended up choosing the name Amarantine Babies because Enya is my all time favorite singer (painting babies while singing and/or listening to Enya is pretty close to Heaven for me!) She has a song called ‘Amarantine’ that I love, and the word amarantine is an ancient Greek word meaning everlasting or immortal. I thought that was a perfect way to describe a reborn doll, a “baby” that never ages and lasts forever.

I did check to see if anyone had the nursery name, but it’s pretty unusual and no one had used anything like it:) Since I was new to anything to do with business I did my research to make sure I wasn’t doing anything illegal by using the name of an Enya song. Since it’s not a word that she created I was in the clear to use it:)

11 Likes

@Babies I love Enya !

@Suzanne2373 I purchased my domain name and host it from GoDaddy then use a free website builder. I just follow the instructions they give to link my name. Not too difficult but I can’t explain the process !

5 Likes

Called mine Barefeet Baby Boutique, My husband thought of it because I am always barefoot and painting babies:footprints::baby:

7 Likes

I’m also in Georgia! Love the name❤️

1 Like